thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: [from news] Robin Hobb UK book tour in August 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mellow the Minstrel

Robin Hobb UK book tour in August 2014

Leading up to Loncon 3 (August 13-17) where she is Guest of Honour, Robin Hobb will be doing a UK book tour to promote Fool's Assassin. Starting on the 9th of August, she'll be reading and signing at Waterstones book stores in Reading, Birmingham, Sheffield, Liverpool and York as well as the Forbidden Planet in London. You can check the details at the official appearances page or the Waterstones events page. Please note that some events are ticketed and might already be sold out - it's always best to check with the book store before you go!

Waterstones' blog also recently featured a beautiful piece called "Charcters in Place" written by Robin about how things have changed (or not) since she first started writing about Fitz and the Fool. Highly recommended!

https://www.theplenty.net/index.php?id=437
It's a lovely piece, isn't it? I just appreciate her honesty and bravery to keep writing HER story no matter what so much.
Yes, that is exactly how i feel about it!!! Whenever i read about how she had to deal with uncontent readers, i feel ashamed and sad. And that has nothing to do with my complete satisfaction with the end oft FF.
Somewhere somebody said that she is astonished about how readers take over "ownership" of the story. I think that meets the point. I think an author can expect a certain respect oft her work.
I am glad she does it like she does it!