thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: Assassins's Fate discussion (spoilers all rote books)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(May-28-2017, 09:57 PM (UTC))KekPafrany Wrote: [ -> ]When Nighteyes told Fitz about the skill travel, I noticed a missing name: Chivalry wasn't there. Why? I mean if I meet some long dead relatives using our hereditary magic, I would expect my dead dad among them.

The only difference I see between him and the others that Fitz hasn't know him, and Chivalry's dead wasn't caused by the Skill.

He did not know his father, never even met him really. All the other men were father to him in some way or other. It would have been nice if by some intertwining of Wit and Skill we had heard from Burrich though.
(Jun-26-2017, 05:55 AM (UTC))Motley\s Crew Wrote: [ -> ]
(May-28-2017, 09:57 PM (UTC))KekPafrany Wrote: [ -> ]When Nighteyes told Fitz about the skill travel, I noticed a missing name: Chivalry wasn't there. Why? I mean if I meet some long dead relatives using our hereditary magic, I would expect my dead dad among them.

The only difference I see between him and the others that Fitz hasn't know him, and Chivalry's dead wasn't caused by the Skill.

He did not know his father, never even met him really. All the other men were father to him in some way or other. It would have been nice if by some intertwining of Wit and Skill we had heard from Burrich though.

I think its also important to remember that Verity put himself in a stone dragon and both Chade and Shrewd died while actively trying to use the skill. Chivalry as far as we know did not this may have been a contributing factor.
I finished Assassin's Fate over Christmas.  *exhales loudly*  OK I'm ready to talk about it now.

I'm currently reading Fool's Errand, and there are just so many dots I can easily connect now I know how things will turn out and events that occur later.  I'm really glad I'm doing it this way because there would be so many small details lost on me if I had gone and read the books in order.

NOW.  Oh my gawd, Fitz with all the skill draped all over his face at the end of AF!  I'm so glad that Bee was finally able to get so much of his history out of him during his final days carving his wolf.  I was so impressed with her rattling the Fool's cage when she told him the truth--Fitz loves him more than anyone and needed him to complete himself, to become one with him as he always should have been.  Even from the very beginning, the Fool and Fitz belonged together, like two sides of the same coin.  The Fool, Fitz, and Nighteyes--one complete being.  It was perfect. 

I was both very satisfied with how things "ended" and left intrigued and wanting the next trilogy about Bee's life!  I want to see just how she shall shape the world with all the liveships becoming dragons and Clerris burnt to the ground and the awful four gone and dead forever.  What will that future be like?   Flowers  

I think Verity, Chade, and Shrewd will always live on in that celestial dimension where the universal Skill River flows--that dimension we glimpse when people travel through the skill pillars.  It's interesting that one of Nettle's coterie got the understanding when she saw the phantom Elderlings coming out of the skill pillar and realised they'd been going in the wrong way (backwards) all this time, which could be why they felt so drained and lost time--improper use of the skill pillars.  So much of that made sense and I found myself wanting to learn more about how their understanding of pillar travel will increase. 

I for one believe that Bee holds the key to the entire Circle of Magic.  I believe she has it in her to wield all facets and perfectly so given practise.  She will grow stronger in her use of the Skill and the Wit.  You just know she could get inside the mind of that black and white cat who wouldn't let her name him!  She can "unmake" people just as Fitz was finally able to do there at the end.  I don't think it was the serpent spit that helped her either.  I think she has it in her, naturally.  

There's so much more I want to say on all this, but I'll save it for another time or my own thread on the subject.  No time at the moment as I'm at work.
Pages: 1 2