thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: Collections (including photos)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As I have confessed before, I am a hoarder. I hoard all sorts of things. I also collect things.

For myself, I collect books, jars (for preserves), recipe books, chook-themed objects, rose-covered objects and 'country' or 'antique-type' paraphernalia eg rolling pins, old washboards, biscuit tins, kerosene lamps etc. Will post some photos of these soon.

For other people I collect milk bottle caps, corks and stamps.

What do you collect?
I'm a hoarder, rather than a collector. Does a book collection count? Or am I just hoarding books?
(Sep-19-2011, 10:51 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a hoarder, rather than a collector. Does a book collection count? Or am I just hoarding books?

Oh I definitely hoard books - I take after my dad, who did the same until he got a Kindle. My cupboards are groaning with them!
These beings collect many things... wood, signs, books, movies....
I can't bring myself to throw books away, no matter what state they're in. And my cupboards are groaning with them too. One can't have enough books is what I say..that's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it!
Yeah another hoarder here....... I really should sort my crap into some sort of order so I can call at least part of it a 'collection' Big Grin
Perhaps slightly strangely, the only thing I really collect is languages P
Music.

Some older pictures (collection has increased in the meantime):
[Image: Foto0043.jpg]
[Image: Foto0042.jpg]
[Image: Foto0041.jpg]
[Image: Foto0040.jpg]
Wow! That there is some music collection! Big Grin Do you still have the turntable for your vinyl? We still have a fair collection of vinyl in the loft and, I think, a turntable is still lurking up there somewhere.
Yes, I listen to a lot of stuff on vinyl, and still buy new stuff on LP too.
Pages: 1 2