thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: The Winds of Winter (GRRM)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I decided to leave this thread title somewhat vague because now we'll be able to use it for years to come (since that's how long it will take the book to actually be released). Hah. Undecided

The REAL purpose for creating this thread is to let those of you know GRRM has just posted a Sample Chapter from The Winds of Winter (Book 6 of asoiaf) on his official website.

Don't go clicking this link if you don't want to read it or be spoiled:

http://georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html

If you guys haven't realized this yet, I love spoilers. I eat them up whenever I can get them. Love love love LOVE. Wub

Back in 2003 Martin was touring the states doing signings and conventions and reading chapters from his next book. Back then he didn't know it would be split in to two (AFFC and ADWD). Attendees of these events would take 'notes' and post their synopsis on the forums for anyone to read. Turns out some of those chapters were to be delayed for Book 5 and were only viewed in their entirety this year when Book 5 came out. Spoiler chapters known for 8 years and it still did not take away from the enjoyment of actually reading it in it's natural place.

So I'll be diving right in to this sample chapter..... now! Yay
Most interesting. These beings will focus on this thread. Among other threads.
(Dec-30-2011, 07:45 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: [ -> ]Most interesting. These beings will focus on this thread. Among other threads.

Do 'thul beings read Martin spoilers where they won't read Hobb spoilers? P

Not yet, but they might.
For Hobb it is (usually) less than a year. For Martin it is several years.
Understandable! It's really quite intriguing. Big Grin

Here are my thoughts on the chapter and theories on where it will lead us. Do not click if you haven't finished all 5 released books + the sample chapter from book 6 above. You have been warned. Innocent

Whew.
(Dec-30-2011, 05:02 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: [ -> ]If you guys haven't realized this yet, I love spoilers. I eat them up whenever I can get them. Love love love LOVE. Wub

Yup, I realised...and very early on at that! Big Grin

Hooo boy... I never read the sample chapters before ADWD was released and I'm not going to do so now.

Thank you so much for posting this Valarya! So exciting I cannot wait for WoW to be released although deep down I know I've got a good long wait ahead of me!

Here I am carrying on about how much I actually didn't like the ASoIaF series and, yet, here I am...having just now read the sample! Big Grin

Oh, Farseer, you *do* care after all. P
(Jul-27-2012, 01:25 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]Here I am carrying on about how much I actually didn't like the ASoIaF series and, yet, here I am...having just now read the sample! Big Grin

Oh, Farseer, you *do* care after all. P

!!!!

Does that mean you finished the first 5 books!? Big Grin

Pages: 1 2