thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: Strange Pop-Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am suddenly getting a strange pop-up every time that I log on to thePlenty. Anyone else seeing it? Will come back in a sec with details (because I've forgotten already! P )
(Jun-26-2012, 08:15 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]I am suddenly getting a strange pop-up every time that I log on to thePlenty. Anyone else seeing it? Will come back in a sec with details (because I've forgotten already! P )
You mean the popup for sitemeter?
That's the one, thanks joost. Slurp I've never seen it anywhere before, though now it's decided to leave me alone...I think.

What is it for??
(Jun-26-2012, 03:12 PM (UTC))Gielske Wrote: [ -> ]What is it for??
A tracking image for sitemeter.com gave an authentication popup. I never noticed it myself because sitemeter is blocked with AdBlockPlus, but I turned it off for this site, and lo, there it was.
same here. ads are indeed invisible, and ABP considers sitemeter to be such.
If any of you could take a screenshot (or maybe just copy word for word what it says) that would be appreciated - I see no such pop up and I'm really sorry that you do, must be annoying. If I can't fix it, I might just remove the thing altogether, it's sort of a relic from the old site that was hosted by someone else anyway (back when I couldn't access statistics in any other way).
Not sure about anyone else but it's gone for me now, thanks Mervi. Slurp It showed up for a day or so after my post about it but then stopped. I recall that you'd also popped in for a visit about the same time as it began so mainly wondered, at the time, if it may have been something you'd done. Will snap a screenshot should it happen ever again...unless someone else can still see it. Smiling
If these beings do happen to see it more than that one time, they will take a picture of it.
Makes me think it was a glitch in their code and they fixed it. Glad to hear it seems to be gone. Smiling
Pages: 1 2