thePlenty.net Forums

Full Version: What we've read in 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yes, once again I've been keeping a list of the stuff I've read this year, and once again I'm going to post it and list my favorites and un-favorites. Also, since my intake of non-fiction has increased sharply, there are two lists this year.

I stopped maintaining my read-list beginning this year. Probably a good thing because I have had very little time to read.

What I can remember, in random order:
(Hmm, that's a lot of dragons)
[spoiler=Comics/manga]
Yumi Unita - Bunny drop
Rize Shinbu - My girlfriend's a geek
Bill Willingham - 2 or 3 volumes of Fables
Bill Willingham - Cinderella 2
Various - Buffy season 9 vol 1, 2
Various - Angel season 7 vol 1, 2, 3
Various - Angel and Faith vol 1, 2
[/spoiler]

I probably missed a few books but that's about it.
I can tell you what I haven't read Blushing but I think some of you may already have an idea..

Maybe 2013 will be the year I do actually get round to it..Whistling
Not much! Gah!

I knew that a) you would do this to us, AR, and b) that I should have been keeping track of what I was reading and c) that I should have been reading so that I had something to list!!! P

I have no idea and so will have to have a think, as well as a browse through here, my bookshelves and my Voyager posts! Detective
(Jan-01-2013, 06:12 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: [ -> ]I can tell you what I haven't read Blushing but I think some of you may already have an idea..
Does it need to wink at you again? Big Grin
These beings do feel it needs to do that, joost.

(Jan-01-2013, 09:06 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]Not much! Gah!

I knew that a) you would do this to us, AR, and b) that I should have been keeping track of what I was reading and c) that I should have been reading so that I had something to list!!! P

I have no idea and so will have to have a think, as well as a browse through here, my bookshelves and my Voyager posts! Detective

I'll have to admit that I hesitated before posting this. I don't post here very often anymore and it did feel a bit like showing off. But hey, I've kept a list and I might as well share it, right?

However, even if you didn't keep a list, I would like it if we could all share some books that we particularly enjoyed - or did not enjoy. I'm always looking for recommendations. As for 2013, I'm planning to finally take those Steven Brust novels off my to-read pile, read some more Katharine Kerr and check out a couple of new authors. Joe Abercrombie and David Anthony Durham are at the top of my list, I've heard so many good things about their works.

I should add that there's one book missing on my list, because I didn't finish it: The Red and the Black by Stendhal, a classic French novel. I couldn't get through it, it has not aged well. (Unlike the books by a certain Mr. Dumas...)
(Jan-02-2013, 11:19 AM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have to admit that I hesitated before posting this. I don't post here very often anymore and it did feel a bit like showing off.

Not at all - it's wonderful to have you come by! Slurp Anyway, if I'd read that many books, I'd have started the thread myself! Wink

(Jan-02-2013, 11:19 AM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: [ -> ]But hey, I've kept a list and I might as well share it, right?

Clapping Absolutely! P

(Jan-02-2013, 11:19 AM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: [ -> ]However, even if you didn't keep a list, I would like it if we could all share some books that we particularly enjoyed - or did not enjoy.

Agreed. Smiling
(Jan-01-2013, 09:21 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan-01-2013, 06:12 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: [ -> ]I can tell you what I haven't read Blushing but I think some of you may already have an idea..
Does it need to wink at you again? Big Grin
No need! I'm doing it! Proud Started it this evening, though I'm only a few pages into the prologue as yet. P

only one thing to say to that...

[Image: excellent.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3