thePlenty.net Forums
Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) (/thread-108.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Farseer - Apr-21-2011

Good spotting, Albertosaurus Rex, and HOORAY for Dutch friends! Yay

I saw the pics when Robin first posted them and thought Blink over the three different-coloured covers, but then forgot about them when I hadn't a hope of knowing what was written on each cover. What I should have done was ask you guys Ouch , or at least taken the time to place my mouse over the one that comes up with the digit '3'...that's somewhat of a giveaway! Smiling

Robin says it is the projected cover only but I'm not sure what else they could really change except the colours of the leaves or the title itself?

What I think is amazing is that the "third" book is already being translated into Dutch and Robin is still making changes in English! Even more amazing is that, up until now, we have been told that this book was never meant to be the "second", let alone "third", of anything, especially as the other two (DK and DH) are really "one". We were even told, as far as I am aware, that although the new story was to follow the events of the Kelsingra expedition post-Dragon Haven, it was still to be a single book in its own right (despite being split into the two parts), and not part of the previously-released 'Chronicles'.

It will be interesting to see what happens, though it does seem that all will be just smooshed together now, under the RWC umbrella. No doubt both books having to be split into two parts has made things a little tricky otherwise...

November 11th may not seem so far-fetched if Robin is just tweaking things now? Two books in one year is almost too much excitement for this Hobb fan...I'd best get to my re-read so I'm up-to-date for the next release! Dance

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Albertosaurus Rex - Apr-21-2011

You know, while a dragon's eye among leaves fits with the theme of dragons that are unable to fly, I can't help but think of dinosaurs whenever I see those covers.

The fact that the Dutch edition has a title while the final title hasn't even been revelead yet in English weirds me out. I think she refrred to it as "Dragon Traders" once, but stressed that it was just a working title. So... Dragon Commander. Is that a dragon who commands or someone who commands dragons? What does the Dutch publisher knlow that we don't?

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Mervi - Apr-21-2011

Excellent catch, Albertosaurus Rex! Smiling I saw Robin had updated her site, but haven't had the time to actually go through the content yet.

You Dutch folks are so lucky! I wonder if that release date means we're getting back to the crazy years when the Dutch translations preceded the English first editions... (if I recall correctly, most of the TM trilogy was published that way).

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Albertosaurus Rex - Apr-21-2011

It won't do much for me, though - I personally prefer to read the English versions.

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Farseer - Apr-21-2011

Hmm...maybe I should forgo Spanish and begin learning Dutch then! Wink

(Apr-21-2011, 03:14 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: I can't help but think of dinosaurs whenever I see those covers.

For me also.

(Apr-21-2011, 03:14 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: The fact that the Dutch edition has a title while the final title hasn't even been revelead yet in English weirds me out.

I'm with you on that as well! Big Grin

(Apr-21-2011, 03:14 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: So... Dragon Commander. Is that a dragon who commands or someone who commands dragons? What does the Dutch publisher knlow that we don't?

It seems unlikely to me that it would be a dragon who commands (unless it could be a simulacra dragon but even then a 'true' dragon would unlikely bow to the orders of stone?), given that dragons don't seem to be prone to giving over authority to other dragons, although Mercor-as-Dragon/Maulkin-as-Serpent does command respect and carries a certain weight among the Kelsingra group.

By the time Tintaglia and Icefyre arrive back on the scene, the other dragons will have reached full physical health, and no doubt all be flying as Heeby and Sintara have done, so they will not have any advantage over the other dragons.

The first thing that comes to mind is that it will not be so much as a human commanding dragons but someone "in command" of something that includes the dragons. I have one theory that it was *general RotE spoilers that includes Farseer and TM*
So many possibilities! Yay

Whatever the outcome, I expect "command" here to mean "to lead/rule for the sake of a common purpose" rather than "to control".

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - joost - Apr-22-2011

(Apr-21-2011, 02:26 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: but then forgot about them when I hadn't a hope of knowing what was written on each cover. What I should have done was ask you guys Ouch , or at least taken the time to place my mouse over the one that comes up with the digit '3'...that's somewhat of a giveaway!
Text on the book:

Robin Hobb
De kronieken van de wilde regenlanden
Derde boek
Drakengebieder

Translated:
Robin Hobb
The Rain Wild chronicles
Third book
Dragon commander

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Farseer - Apr-22-2011

That's very helpful, thanks joost! Thankful

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Lady Laura - Apr-22-2011

I do hope the next "RWC" book will be out by the end of the year! I had been expecting next summer to be honest P All we can do is wait and see!

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Mervi - Apr-24-2011

I think I found the titles! (Well, not sure if they're still 100% set in stone). The UK cover artist, Jackie Morris, recently mentioned here 

Quote:And I did hear from Jane Johnson that there are two new Robin Hobb books that she has manuscripts for that will be needing new covers. City of Dragons and Blood of Dragons.

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Farseer - Apr-25-2011

Yay

*Farseer feints from sheer ecstasy*