thePlenty.net Forums
Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) (/thread-108.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Aug-08-2011

This from Robin today, via the Newsgroup:

Quote:And I think it's done. Tomorrow, I will probably hate it. For now, tonight, all I can think is, "Book Four re-write is done. And I can sleep."

Robin

I asked but no confirmation from Robin, as yet, for the title re Dragon Blood or Blood of Dragons. That she writes 'Book Four' here may suggest that it truly is still to be set in cement?

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Aug-28-2011

Okay...

I can quote Robin as having called Book Four 'Blood of Dragons' today but possibly this is still tentative as, up until she shared the following piece of news via the Newsgroup (see below), she had taken to just calling it 'Book Four' after I asked her to confirm 'Dragon Blood' or 'Blood of Dragons'.

The big news is that Robin has heard that the publishing schedule has changed. Book Four will not be released in 2012, as planned, but in Feb of 2013. This means a twelve month wait after the release of the US version of 'City of Dragons', not the expected six.

This possibly has to do with the fact that Robin is still working through some edits on Book Four so, while the wait may be taken as 'bad' news, she is making sure she gets it 'right' rather than 'out quickly'. I'm for the latter myself...

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Aug-28-2011

in some ways, that is impractical... but a 1 year wait does not beat the wait from another series these beings have been reading. (Earth's Children; 2nd to last was released in '02, last this year.)

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - finella - Aug-29-2011

(Aug-28-2011, 06:49 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: This possibly has to do with the fact that Robin is still working through some edits on Book Four so, while the wait may be taken as 'bad' news, she is making sure she gets it 'right' rather than 'out quickly'. I'm for the latter myself...

Puh, 2 years waiting for 2 books …. Well then, I’m nevertheless for the latter too. In the meanwhile, I will re-read DK and DH in winter ( just ordered City of Dragons). In spring 2012 I will also read the german edition of DK, and in winter next year I will re-read all three of them in english. That and this side will make me hopefully feel very familiar with everything Smiling. The text at the HC-side makes me really nervous, although I hate the thought of fearing for the dragons and their keepers. And it’s great, that Tintaglia will obviously get more space. I always loved her in her pride and arrogance.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Nuytsia - Aug-31-2011

It seems that this frees up a lot of time for Robin over the next couple of years? Wonder if she'll be working on a new secret project????

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Aug-31-2011

or perhaps she'll be quicker on releasing book five & six?

*grins hopefully*

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Aug-31-2011

Robin has said that City of Dragons and 'Book Four' will complete the RWC set, so there will be no further books to follow those. That's not to say it's the end of the Realm of the Elderlings 'story' though! Smiling

She did also say that, yes, she would be beginning pretty much straight away on her next writing project once the edits for Book Four were complete. Clapping

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Sep-01-2011

These beings did suspect that, but it is good to know the facts.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Sep-06-2011

No UK cover yet but I thought you'd like to see here what Jackie Morris is currently working on for City of Dragons. It was shared on her 'Drawing a line in time' site and she says that the inspiration for the drawing comes from page 152 of CoD where "there is a huge fountain with a green dragon reaching up to the sky". She then goes on to share that both CoD and BoD are "wonderful, absorbing, brilliant reads".

Aside from her work for Robin Hobb/Megan Lindholm, Jackie creates some amazing artwork and her site is well worth taking a look at in its own right.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Sep-06-2011

nice sketch!