thePlenty.net Forums
Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) (/thread-108.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Nuytsia - Sep-06-2011

(Aug-31-2011, 10:57 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: She did also say that, yes, she would be beginning pretty much straight away on her next writing project once the edits for Book Four were complete. Clapping

Oh I must have missed that! A new writing project? How exciting!!!!
I can't believe how prolific she is; there never seems to be any lack of inspiration. I wonder if she's EVER known what writer's block feels like?
Obviously she's a person who loves her career!

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Sep-15-2011

An update for the City of Dragons UK cover art from Jackie's site.

Good things always happen when I am too busy to come online for long!

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Albertosaurus Rex - Sep-16-2011

I just spotted that on her blog and wanted to post it, but you beat me to the punch.

I like it. I have been very critical of the new UK cover art and yes, I still wish we could get those wonderful John Howe covers again, but still, it looks really good. I'm glad we're getting more than just a single figure this time (I mean, how often can you put just a dragon on the cover before they all blur together?), not to mention a more dynamic pose. Heck, I want to make a desktop wallpaper out of this! (EDIT: In fact I just did. See the attachment.)

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Nuytsia - Sep-17-2011

Nice!

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Sep-17-2011

Certainly beats the design of the wallpaper these beings use on this computer... (monotonous black)

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - finella - Sep-19-2011

Hm, I don't really know, whether I like the drawing of the city. The buildings look like a sight of venice or so, but not like a city, where humans and dragons live together and the buildings are big enough for both, men and dragons.
But still it's a really nice and artistical
work. I probably have to get used to it.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Sep-19-2011

Nothing new for the majority of us here but this is Robin's most recent update on City of Dragons:

Quote:Well, the book marches one step closer to being real. I have seen the cover art for the UK edition. Jackie Morris has outdone herself! I will ask permission to post it here. Some of you who are friend with Jackie on Facebook may have already had a sneak peek at it.

The publication date for both the US and the UK/Australia will be February of 2012. The concluding volume will be released in 2013, not 2012 as I had previously thought. But at least I can assure you that the books is finished, edited and safely in the hands of the publishers. Book four will still have to go thorugh copy editing of course, but the story does exist.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - redchild - Sep-21-2011

Looking forward to it... February isn't all that far off.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Sep-21-2011

(Sep-19-2011, 10:04 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
Quote:The publication date for both the US and the UK/Australia will be February of 2012.

I am hopeless...honestly!

I read this update on Robin's site, posted it here, read it again to check that all was correct and the significance of it STILL didn't sink in until I glanced at it again just now! The UK/Australia release date has been moved forward to Feb, to coincide with the US date, and so is not expected in April as planned! So much for nothing new! P Big Grin Now I'm really excited - whoop, whoop! Yay

Is it any wonder I have to read the RotE books umpteen times for stuff to sink in...?!

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Sep-21-2011

This from Robin today, via her site:

Quote:Pygmalion will be publishing a French edition of City of Dragons

I can't tell you when though! P