thePlenty.net Forums
Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) (/thread-108.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Sep-22-2011

Blood of Dragons is the confirmed title for RWC Book Four.

Other latest news is that the City of Dragons cover art that Jackie did for the UK/Australian version is now to also be used for the US version. The same will go for the cover art for Blood of Dragons, the artwork-in-progress which you can view here.

Obviously Harper Collins bowed to public pressure/reaction over the previously-released US cover art?

EDIT: If you happen to come across any Hobb/Lindholm news like this, feel free to share it here before I do! Smiling

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - redchild - Sep-23-2011

(Sep-22-2011, 11:28 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Obviously Harper Collins bowed to public pressure/reaction over the previously-released US cover art?

I certainly hope so.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - joost - Sep-23-2011

I probably missed something. US covers for any fantasy book have a history of being ugly, so why was there public pressure over the previous art?

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Sep-23-2011

Sorry, joost, but that was just an assumption on my part. Blushing I should firstly have said "I wonder if..." rather than "Obviously...".

Still, other than taking the opinions or reactions of readers on board, I couldn't/can't think of any other explanation for such a change mid-series, particularly given that the US cover art had already been released (to a mostly negative public). I know I didn't mind it but then I am rarely concerned by cover art.

Of course, you make a perfect point, and there are also plenty of other series out there that have had their cover art changed mid-way through for no apparent reason. In fact, the change itself has often prompted a negative reaction, especially from those who have collected only a certain type of cover.

I see that Antebar has asked Robin (on robinhobb.com) about the original cover so Robin may, or may not, be able to shed some light on the reasons behind the switch.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Oct-11-2011

Here's a link to the finished cover for City of Dragons. Enjoy! Smiling

Ooh, it's inching closer, ever closer to the time when we will have the little beauty in our hands...! Yay

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Nuytsia - Oct-12-2011

Yay

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Albertosaurus Rex - Oct-14-2011

As much as I have criticised the new direction the covers have taken, and as much as I wish we could get a John Howe cover...

I really like this cover.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Oct-14-2011

These new style-covers are nice pieces of art, but they do not really tell stories the way John Howe-covers did.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Oct-28-2011

So, the first edition of the Dutch translation of City of Dragons is out...if only I could read Dutch! Crying

[Image: 120px-Drakenstad.jpg]

EDIT: Yikes, the last pic was huge!

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Oct-28-2011

spoiler tags are useful for such...

Dutch is a language one feels one should understand when one understands German, but that is a false feeling. Most annoying.