thePlenty.net Forums
Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) (/thread-108.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - joost - Oct-28-2011

(Oct-28-2011, 11:41 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: if only I could read Dutch!
You can read it, you just can't understand it Big Grin.

Although I am Dutch, I'm gonna wait for the English version.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Oct-29-2011

Big Grin True, true!

Despite it being almost a month since its release, I haven't come across too many comments from Dutch readers (who mostly also seem to be waiting for the English version) but, from what I have seen, the progressing plot is attracting positive feedback.

Incredible to know that the Dutch translation of Blood of Dragons is due out in quick succession. Bravo to Dutch translators for their efforts...that's no mean feat! Clapping

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Albertosaurus Rex - Oct-29-2011

I'm waiting for the English version too.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Valarya - Oct-31-2011

If the author is writing in English, why on earth would the Dutch version be out before any other version? Down

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Oct-31-2011

That is indeed quite odd. These beings have puzzled over the same...

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - joost - Oct-31-2011

The manuscript is sent to the various publishers. They can decide for themselves what the best date would be to publish it. Luitingh apparently has a fast translator and wanted it to be released now, Voyager, for some reason, thought it would be better to publish it in april next year.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Oct-31-2011

most annoying.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Oct-31-2011

Not sure what to make of all of this, but...

Some over in the Newsgroup questioned Robin's dates for the releases of both CoD and BoD after having seen conflicting dates not only on Amazon but also with the Harper Voyager listings. This prompted Robin to double-check with her editor and this is what she's come back with as the official dates for the UK versions:

Quote:City of Dragons will come out on the 23rd of April, 2012. Blood of Dragons will be on May Day (May 1st) in 2013.

So those are the official UK dates!

The dates for both UK books were supposed to have changed to be in line with the US releases but it's apparent that it's not actually the case! As both the US and UK covers are now from Jackie Morris, it won't make a lot of difference to me...what's a 'z' instead of an 's' between friends, if the cover matches my other ones?

Possibly best to once again assume the 'wait and see' approach though...

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Nov-02-2011

This 'clear' Smiling message from Robin today re CoD and BoD:

Quote:I’ve had a few queries about publication dates for City of Dragons and Blood of Dragons.

So, to be absolutely clear: In the US, City of Dragons in will be available in hardback in February of 2012. This is also when I’ll be doing the book tour to launch it. Blood of Dragons is scheduled for May 1, 2013.

In the UK, City of Dragons is scheduled for April 2012, and Blood of Dragons will come out on May 1, 2013.

So, there you are!

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Nov-02-2011

4 months to go...