thePlenty.net Forums
Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) (/thread-108.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - fool-ish - Feb-02-2012

Yay Couldn't resist reading that any more than I could the prologue. Great stuff! Clapping

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Feb-02-2012

(Feb-01-2012, 08:37 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote: When I click your link to the first chapter it just takes me to a .pdf document of it. I click the 'Save' icon, choose the location where I want to save it, and it saves immediately.

Is that what you're referring to when you speak of 'downloading' something?

Man, oh, man I have fair dinkum had a gutful of computers, printers, scanners, digital cameras and telephones of late. Rant Massive and utterly annoying technological dramas in my schoolroom aside (Mad!!), that I have shared this with so many others and now can't even read it myself Blink has near pushed me over the brink...!

Dummy spit over... Big Grin ...

Yes, when I click the link I am taken to the pdf file also but it is not available immediately for me. I have a download progress bar on the bottom right of my screen that moves at a snail's pace until it reaches around the 4.38MB mark and then I get a message error each and every time. I can never see anything beyond the cover page. There's nothing for me to save even when I do attempt to save it as it never completes downloading.

*sigh* It's just me, me thinks. I have no luck when it comes to electrical goods and that, coupled with living in the middle of nowhere with only a satellite internet connection, equals frustration that near pushes me to homicide! Down Knight

As much as I hate Kennit, crikey I wouldn't mind his luck! Pirate P

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - fool-ish - Feb-02-2012

Oh that's so frustrating Farseer! I get really cross when things that should be really quite simple don't work. It actually worked a treat for me (not everything does so well on this steam-powered piece of plastic I call a laptop!)

Good luck Smiling

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Valarya - Feb-02-2012

(Feb-02-2012, 06:18 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: ...when I click the link I am taken to the pdf file also but it is not available immediately for me. I have a download progress bar on the bottom right of my screen that moves at a snail's pace until it reaches around the 4.38MB mark and then I get a message error each and every time. I can never see anything beyond the cover page. There's nothing for me to save even when I do attempt to save it as it never completes downloading.

Dear Farseer... since it is available online as a free downloadable pdf file, I could email it to you as an attachment since I have downloaded it successfully. That way you could at least read it. Flowers

(Feb-02-2012, 06:18 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: As much as I hate Kennit, crikey I wouldn't mind his luck! Pirate P

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blink

!!! Ouch !!!

YOU HATE KENNIT!?

Sleepy Sigh. He's one of my favorite characters to read in that series.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Feb-03-2012

Thank you Valarya - that is so sweet of you Slurp - but, after leaving my computer in a huff P , with the pdf window remaining open for a few hours, it managed to come up. What's that saying about a watched kettle that never boils?!

I must say that, after reading, I found it very difficult to sleep. Actually, I found it difficult not to burst with sheer excitement. Yes, yes indeedy I did!! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!! Clapping Yay Dance

While I was hoping and expecting for some things to come, what I've read so far has far exceeded my expectations...! Thankful Thank you, thank you Tangle Leader!

Still, I am kicking myself for not having headed back to an old discussion with redchild ('tis what happens when computers and laptops keep deciding to die after I've written up detailed responses and theories to her and others' thought-provoking posts!). We can likely pick up from where we left off in the thread but now we would just be armed with a little more knowledge than before...

I can't wait for the weekend to get stuck into some threads. I simply can't let another full week go by without being here for some in-depth chatting. Clapping You'd better work you internet connection you! *shakes fist threateningly*

Onward with my LST re-read, with these new little insights in tow...I might get one page read in the next fortnight...slow down life! Surrender

EDIT: Oh! I knew someone would bite about Kennit! Thanks for not disappointing me!!! Big Grin As for hating him, yep, yep I do...

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Feb-03-2012

hmm... strange... just noticed that thebookdepository has a release date for CoD of 23rd February, whereas amazon has 7th... anyone else notice that?

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Feb-03-2012

Beats me what's happening with tBD, 'thul beings. They have the US version with a release date for the 7th, the paperback for the UK version down for the 23rd and the hardback for the UK version with an April 23rd date. As far as I know, the first and last are correct for US/UK. Possibly they've just messed up the cover art and should have the paperback of the US version out on the 23rd? Even that seems odd though as I've only ever ordered the paperbacks and have never had to wait for their release any longer than I'd have had to wait for the hardbacks.

The 7th is the correct date though, for the US version.

My link to the browsing of CoD on the HarperCollins site was also faulty and I only realised later today that it contained the first three chapters in their entirety. Like fool-ish said...great stuff! I want more!!!! Yay

apparently 'thul were looking at the wrong edition. There was indeed another edition without the pesky tag "20 days" on it. Soon it will be placed on order.

And its been ordered. Now to see how long it'll take for it to arrive. Odd thing 'thul noticed was that it had no tag about it being pre-order, so there's a small chance it'll even be before the 7th... Really depends on when they send it...

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Valarya - Feb-07-2012

Yay!!!!! Just downloaded my e-book copy off Barnes & Noble Nook app and have it loaded and ready to go. Talk to you later! Big Grin