thePlenty.net Forums
Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) (/thread-108.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - finella - Feb-28-2012

(Feb-27-2012, 07:40 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Heartless, no. Pitiless, yes.

Pity serves no purpose except for belittling the insignificant.

Arrrgh - These beings and their prudent talk Dodgy
I want my book back Crying

@farseer: well, better late than never. Very kind of you, farseeer Mad

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Feb-28-2012

Are you humans not pleased that you are not belittled through pity?

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - finella - Feb-29-2012

Ha! O.k., you pittyless folk - I don't need your sympathy, I don't need your pity Wink. I have it too Yay!

I forgot - Did you already have it, Thul? If not, you have my sencere sympathy, Not my pity though Big Grin

It it as beautiful as I remember it Wub. And I'm still wondering why it's the UK edition. Nevertheless, it now valorizes my bookshell and I will try to wait with reading until the fourth book is also published. So, no spoilers, no hypertension, no worries about all my favorites until next year. Instead of that I will go on with my re-reads of LST, Tawny Man, and ASOIAF. And in spring 2013 I will re-read DK, DH and carry on with CoD and last but not least BoD. We'll see, if I can keep up with that.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Feb-29-2012

These beings would like their city back.

*uses glamor to make finella put off all other tasks while reading book*

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Mar-01-2012

Robin has mentioned via the Newsgroup that she spoke to her agent about the early releases here in Australia and the UK and apparently it was done to avoid losing sales to the US edition.

Yup, with things like TBD etc, these losses were always going to happen...glad to see that common sense prevailed AND I'm glad that I waited. I much prefer the UK version on my shelf.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Mar-01-2012

Some people are realizing the effects of a global community rather than a national/regional community as it was 20 years ago or so.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - finella - Mar-01-2012

(Feb-29-2012, 05:10 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings would like their city back.

*uses glamor to make finella put off all other tasks while reading book*

Blink Oops, now it happend: I don't understand your writing.
But please do not bother to try to explain it. It's difficult and no fun to explain an joke or irony Smiling.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Mar-01-2012

It was a two-part joke first line unrelated to the second.

'thul are dragons. You have the city of dragons. These beings want their city back.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - fool-ish - Mar-01-2012

(Mar-01-2012, 01:19 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Robin has mentioned via the Newsgroup that she spoke to her agent about the early releases here in Australia and the UK and apparently it was done to avoid losing sales to the US edition.

Yup, with things like TBD etc, these losses were always going to happen...glad to see that common sense prevailed AND I'm glad that I waited. I much prefer the UK version on my shelf.
Have you got the UK version of CoD, Farseer?

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Mar-01-2012

I sure do! Yay Clapping

And I fully expect that it would be available to you also. Flowers

(Feb-29-2012, 04:49 PM (UTC))finella Wrote: I have it too Yay!

Oh, that's fantastic news, finella! Slurp