thePlenty.net Forums
Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) (/thread-108.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - fool-ish - Mar-02-2012

So why oh why am I sat here like piffy on a rock face, in the UK!! waiting until April 23rd?!! Mad I mean, fancy not being able to get a copy until everyone else in the world has got theirs! 'Tis a mummers farce!

And my copy is due to arrive on the day we go away, so I'll have to wait even longer! I know there's nothing I can do about it, but just had to vent! Rant

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - 'thul - Mar-02-2012

*flies in, fishes fool-ish up from the river & drops her on the river bank*

*lands nearby and walks over to pat fool-ish on the head with a clawed foreleg, cutting her head slightly, all the while soothing her with glamor*

There there, little human. You will survive. You will get it eventually.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Farseer - Mar-02-2012

(Mar-02-2012, 12:55 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: So why oh why am I sat here like piffy on a rock face, in the UK!! waiting until April 23rd?!! Mad I mean, fancy not being able to get a copy until everyone else in the world has got theirs! 'Tis a mummers farce!

I agree! Down

I just had a look on the HarperCollins.co.uk site and they had this for publication dates:

Quote:UK:23 April 2012
Australia:01 March 2012

Very odd really as fans from the UK would be able to access the US version as easily as Aussie fans, thus sales for the UK version would be at risk for both locations, not just here Down Under. Undecided

(Mar-02-2012, 12:55 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I know there's nothing I can do about it, but just had to vent! Rant

There is certainly something you can do about it if you want to Smiling ...seeing as you are going to buy a copy eventually anyway, you can trust me with your mailing address by pm'ing it to me and I will trust you with my copy of CoD by mailing it to you. Flowers When you're done, you can just mail it back...

On Friday I trustingly mailed my only copy of A Fantasy Medley (which contains Robin's short story Words Like Coins) to an Aussie Hobb fan in the Newsgroup, whom I have never met, so I would be happy to do the same with CoD for you if you get desperate. No pressure at all to accept though if it gives you the heebie-jeebies or makes you uncomfortable. I'm not sure I would, given the same offer from someone else (especially those beings known as 'thul!! Wink Big Grin ), but I offer it to you nonetheless. Happyballoon

*grins inhumanly wide at Farseer*

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - finella - Mar-02-2012

Aaah, 'thul, I've got it now. Thank you Smiling! But sorry man, your city is now my city and I'll never give it back. But I promise to handle it very lovingly.
(are These beings always dragons, or only in this one post? Just for me for better understanding about the nature of them.)

Sometimes yes, other times no. 'thul do not like being consistent.

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - finella - Mar-02-2012

(Mar-02-2012, 03:34 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Sometimes yes, other times no. 'thul do not like being consistent.

Puh, ergo creatures, difficult to get on with. One has to be very careful. Good to know Wink.

The lords of the Three realms do now bow to the whims of humans!

RE: City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - fool-ish - Mar-02-2012

Aww, many many thanks for the offers of book mailing/kindling Farseer and Finella! Big Grin I don't have a Kindle, otherwise I'd certainly take up that offer! And Farseer, though it's a great idea in principle and very tempting, I'd be absolutely horrified if anything happened to your book either in transit or when it got here, because after all, these are amongst our most precious things! It'd cost an arm, a leg and foot too, I'd wager!

I shall sit tight, grumble and wait it out. Undecided

(Mar-02-2012, 01:23 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: *flies in, fishes fool-ish up from the river & drops her on the river bank*

*lands nearby and walks over to pat fool-ish on the head with a clawed foreleg, cutting her head slightly, all the while soothing her with glamor*

There there, little human. You will survive. You will get it eventually.

Dropped?! Truly, dragons have no manners! Could have done without the 'head patting' too.

Impertinent human!

*huffs and walks off*