thePlenty.net Forums
Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) (/thread-108.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Nuytsia - Aug-02-2010

Oooh I love those characters YAY!!!!

Albertosaurus I wouldn't worry too much - she's often in trouble isn't she? Doesn't seem to worry her too much... I think she thrives on it.

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Mervi - Aug-15-2010

... and our next returning character is:
source

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Albertosaurus Rex - Aug-15-2010

Ah, looks like we're going to get a mixture of Liveship Traders and Rain Wild Chronicles characters. I always like it when things become a more interconnected whole.

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Farseer - Aug-15-2010

Yes, I expected a return from that character...they were never going to let things lie as they were left Turned !

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - 'thul - Aug-16-2010

He was too annoying and manipulative to leave out?

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Nuytsia - Aug-18-2010

All I can say is .... Blink

(only because there is no 'about to vomit' smiley)

But on a more general level .... does Robin usually drop so many hints about upcoming book contents?

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Albertosaurus Rex - Aug-18-2010

Robin Hobb has stated elsewhere that she hates when authors spoil their upcoming books, saying something akin to "When reading the latest Harry Potter novel (Halfblood Prince) I kept wondering when that character was going to die."

So I guess she tries to keep it down a little.

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Mervi - Aug-19-2010

Well, she does sometimes comment on what she's writing in a very general sense like "my protagonist is in a tight spot right now" or "I have 700 manuscript pages done". But she's also extra careful with spoilers, usually also in interviews. Smiling

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Nuytsia - Aug-19-2010

Hmm I see!
I love not knowing anything about what's going to be in the book (I'm the same with movies)..... but then I can't bear not knowing when I find out there's a hint!!!! Argh the indecision...

I agree with Robin's dislike of authors' spoilers! Good to see she's careful. In the end it's my choice whether to look or not, but it's nice to know I won't inadvertently stumble across the info.

I was actually a bit surprised to see that latest comment ... I didn't think that character would continue to have a significant role.... guess I was alone though!

tiny possible implied spoiler

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - 'thul - Aug-19-2010

The spoilers posted here have all been pretty vague, not really revealing much of anything... 'thul thinks that is the best kind of spoilers...