thePlenty.net Forums
Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Pre-release City of Dragons (spoilers Farseer, LST, TM and RWC) (/thread-108.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Mervi - Mar-07-2011

"The next book in the Rain Wilds" will be, in fact, two books.

If you want to know absolute NOTHING about what's going to be in that book, don't click that link and don't read the spoilers below.

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - 'thul - Mar-07-2011

Not in the least bit surprising considering how long the manuscript is...

Hopefully that means it can be released sooner, but these beings still suspect it'll take quite a while for that to happen...

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Lady Laura - Mar-07-2011

Well, if by making it into 2 books, she added in more info and storyline than she was going to have originally, that's a good thing Big Grin But I still wish it could just be one massive book, cos now I have to pay for 2 books, and those hardbooks are pretty expensive when they come out. Now I'll probably wait til they are both out til I buy them Smiling

Yeah, my first thoughts were "this might mean the books will be out faster!" But I wouldn't get my hopes up... yet P

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - 'thul - Mar-07-2011

considering the thickness of DK in pocket, and the fact that DH is at least as long, then making something even thicker into one book (for the next book) would mean a book that would be something like 15cm thick... A practical impossibility...

The reason these beings suspect that it could possibly be released sooner is that only half the manuscript has to be edited and finished up for release for the first release date... the work in doing that is far less... but then one would risk such as the book being held back until a specific date due to obscure market conditions...

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Lady Laura - Mar-08-2011

Fair point 'thul, it would be one monster sized book P I'm just annoyed that I'll have to pay for 2 books instead of one, especially cos new books are pretty expensive. But apart from the extra cost, I don't mind 2 books, its just I'll probably wait to read them both when the 2nd book comes out, so I'll need to avoid spoilers all over again Big Grin

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - 'thul - Mar-08-2011

The extra wait for the second one (which we suspect there will be) is the most annoying part...

but it also leaves more room for speculations...

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Lady Laura - Mar-08-2011

True, I love speculating! Big Grin But if I don't read the first book til the 2nd is out, I wont really be able to speculate... Maybe I should just read them as they come out P I'll wait and see I suppose.

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - 'thul - Mar-08-2011

spread over enough time, the cost in purchasing two books isnt that great...

speaking of books... these beings are truly unsure what book to buy next... especially since the next book they buy is free...

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - Lady Laura - Mar-09-2011

If I were you, I'd make sure it was an expensive book, since its free Big Grin

I hope the gap between the next 2 RW books is only a year... *crosses fingers* We'll see...

RE: "The Next Book" set in the Rain Wilds - 'thul - Mar-10-2011

These beings will probably go for a hardcover book, but they have not decided which one...