thePlenty.net Forums
What movie/s are you watching? - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What movie/s are you watching? (/thread-114.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

What movie/s are you watching? - Liquid Ice - Mar-25-2010

Well yea, anyone?

Mine are...

Empire Strikes Back
District 9
Shaun of the Dead
Aliens
Indiana Jones Trilogy (not the 4th one -_-')

annnnddddd
The Incredibles P

All I can think of at the moment.

All action I know.Angel

RE: Best movie you've ever seen. - Albertosaurus Rex - Mar-25-2010

Let's see... Some particular favorites of mine are:

The Butterfly Effect, the theatrical version that is, NOT the director's cut. It's a very dark, violent, depressing movie and the original ending was very powerful. The director's cut just makes everything more depressing.

I'm a big fan of Star Trek, my favorite ST movies are First Contact and the new one. I love The Matrix, even the sequels - not as good as the original but still nice.

Taxi, a humorous French crime movie about (surprise!) a taxi driver with a seriously fast taxi, working together with the police against his will to catch a gang of German bankrobbers (He will lose his driver's license forever if he doesn't comply). The sequels get progessively less good up to the fourth and final (for now) film which has devolved into pure slapstick. Speaking of slapstick, Wrongfully Accused with Leslie Nielsen makes me laugh very hard.

National Treasure, not entirely plausible but still solid fun. Sequel is less good but okay.

The Tenth Kingdom, alright, it's actually a miniseries so I'm chaeting, but I really love it.

...That's actually quite a list.

Oh, I forgot to include the Lord of the Rings movies.

RE: Best movie you've ever seen. - Nuytsia - Mar-25-2010

Being John Malkovich

RE: Best movie you've ever seen. - Albertosaurus Rex - Mar-25-2010

That movie seriously disturbed me. I saw it when I was about 12 years old and it freaked me out.

RE: Best movie you've ever seen. - Manephelien - Mar-25-2010

Lord of the Rings trilogy (extended editions)
Apollo 13
Empire Strikes Back
Star Trek: First Contact
The Abyss (director's cut)
Don't Say A Word

RE: Best movie you've ever seen. - chriSchaeffer - Mar-26-2010

I really tend to hate movies (they are so shallow compared to books!) so I'll have to say the best I've seen is Lord of the Rings trilogy. Best book to movie adaption ever!

RE: Best movie you've ever seen. - Nuytsia - Mar-27-2010

ooh yeah it disturbed me in a good way, but i was definitely an adult when i saw it!
Not for kids!
Hmmm it's weird how movies get an adults only rating for violence or sex or (*gasp*) nudity, but not for general freakiness.......

WRONG again Society!

(Mar-25-2010, 07:10 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: That movie seriously disturbed me. I saw it when I was about 12 years old and it freaked me out.

RE: Best movie you've ever seen. - Mervi - Mar-27-2010

Well, the Lord of the Rings trilogy (extended versions) even though I can nitpick them until the end of time.

Shekar Kapur's Elizabeth. Because it was the film that introduced Cate Blanchett to me, and I can watch it a hundred times and always find new details or another angle to the story. (Kind of like some books from an author I once read. What was her name again...?)

RE: Best movie you've ever seen. - Nuytsia - Apr-09-2010

Kung Fu Hustle

RE: Best movie you've ever seen. - Farseer - May-04-2010

(Mar-27-2010, 11:47 PM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: Shekar Kapur's Elizabeth. Because it was the film that introduced Cate Blanchett to me, and I can watch it a hundred times and always find new details or another angle to the story. (Kind of like some books from an author I once read. What was her name again...?)

Not that I want to divert everyone on to that everlasting tangent where we would all discuss who we'd have as what characters if RotE books were ever converted to film BUT, for some reason, I can only see Cate Blanchett successfully playing Fool (if she could distinguish it well, in the eyes of the audience, from her role as Galadriel in LOTR)!

On topic, I could watch all of the Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings movies again and again and again (and have!) BUT, I simply can't go past The Man from Snowy River as 'favourite'. You would all watch it and go "Wha...?!" but the poem, the man, the musical score, the life and the landscape, well, it's a purely sentimental, Australian thing!!