thePlenty.net Forums
SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... (/thread-118.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Nov-28-2011

..., after days of shovelling and constructing garden beds and stone paths in your backyard, you finally look at your bleedy, scraped knuckles and torn fingernails, feel the corns or calluses on your hands, see your sun-drenched and freckle-spattered skin, touch your dry, wind-blown hair and wonder to yourself, "What would Ronica think?"

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Dec-03-2011

...your hulking seventeen-year-old wakes up after sleeping most of his Saturday away in front of the cricket and thus you ask if he needs something to eat and he replies, "No thanks, I'm content" and then your mind flits immediately to those closing three words on the last page of Fool's Fate...

Quote:I am content.

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Dec-05-2011

It has to be said...multiple back-to-back posts in this thread prove my obsession, and I don't even scratch the surface of things that I think throughout my days... Blushing ...still, here's one of a million from today's travels...

...you are reading 'Dragon Keeper' to your husband as he's driving through the rain and then, when the storm breaks, you both look up and remark the perfect dragon the two of you see formed within the clouds...

I think my obsession may be rubbing off onto the yang to my yin somewhat? Big Grin

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Valarya - Dec-09-2011

Several of my best friends and I have all read (and love) the series and quite often we make remarks on stuff that brings RotE to mind.. I only never write them down and by the time I make my way to this thread, I've forgotten them.

But, Farseer, you are not alone. Hahah

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Relpda - Dec-16-2011

(Nov-28-2011, 08:50 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: ..., after days of shovelling and constructing garden beds and stone paths in your backyard, you finally look at your bleedy, scraped knuckles and torn fingernails, feel the corns or calluses on your hands, see your sun-drenched and freckle-spattered skin, touch your dry, wind-blown hair and wonder to yourself, "What would Ronica think?"

Haha, this made me laugh out loud! Big Grin

No you are definately not alone Farseer, when revising for my driving theory test recently I remembered that amber studs were on the right of a motorway by thinking "Amber is the Fool and the Fool is always RIGHT". It worked though I have to say Clapping

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - fool-ish - Dec-16-2011

(Dec-16-2011, 11:29 AM (UTC))Relpda Wrote:
(Nov-28-2011, 08:50 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: ..., after days of shovelling and constructing garden beds and stone paths in your backyard, you finally look at your bleedy, scraped knuckles and torn fingernails, feel the corns or calluses on your hands, see your sun-drenched and freckle-spattered skin, touch your dry, wind-blown hair and wonder to yourself, "What would Ronica think?"

Haha, this made me laugh out loud! Big Grin

No you are definately not alone Farseer, when revising for my driving theory test recently I remembered that amber studs were on the right of a motorway by thinking "Amber is the Fool and the Fool is always RIGHT". It worked though I have to say Clapping
Clapping What a great way to remember! Did you pass? Smiling

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Relpda - Dec-16-2011

I did pass and I was ridiculously pleased when I got that particular question too Big Grin Lets just hope I get similar (Kennit style Wink) good luck for my practical test in 2012 now Smiling

Good luck with your practical test Smiling

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Dec-16-2011

(Dec-16-2011, 11:29 AM (UTC))Relpda Wrote: No you are definately not alone Farseer, when revising for my driving theory test recently I remembered that amber studs were on the right of a motorway by thinking "Amber is the Fool and the Fool is always RIGHT". It worked though I have to say Clapping

Oh, I LIKE that! P

I knew our little obsession would have it's uses somewhere. P