thePlenty.net Forums
SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... (/thread-118.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - fool-ish - Feb-06-2012

Ah, the Wii, the cause of me tripping over the rug and falling flat on my face! I was new to it and hadn't quite grasped that a flick of the wrist was sufficient to bowl your bowling ball...I moved the whole of me as if I was in the bowling alley for real...fool! Blushing I think I've been on it once since, waving a steering wheel about in a totally inept way Uhhuh Best to leave it alone methinks.

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - 'thul - Feb-06-2012

The best type of control 'thul have had on it was playing a star wars game, flapping around with a lightsaber. Unfortunately the controls were too limited. Too few movements programmed into it. (These beings could not even slice their own character in half...)

The gods only know what sort of damage I'd do flapping around with a lightsaber! Not even going there!

Probably rather difficult to wield, considering that unlike on a sword, the blade is weightless...

also easy to do such things like slicing off things that are impractical to slice off... like limbs...

Yep, that'd be about right! Blink

but imagine all the other things one could do... easy getting firewood, easy carving in stone... Just imagine how quickly you could carve your dragon, infusing it with memories so it would fly...

There is that, but in my hands an accident waiting to happen P

I've just remembered a chap I saw today at work with blue/green tattoo work on his ear which put me in mind of the scaling of an elderling. And relating to ASoIaF (sorry it's not RotE!) there was a section on chains on the 'How It's Made' programme. It showed chains of all different colours and sizes and that put me in mind of the Maesters and the Citadel. Hooked? Oh yes!

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Feb-07-2012

...you have a really, really, REALLY important teleconference to attend but you get so caught up in the official launch of City of Dragons (not that you have the book yet! Rant ) that you forget about the meeting altogether! Oops... Whistling Innocent

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Feb-18-2012

...you're scrubbing a wooden ramp in preparation for a coat of decking oil and you can't help but picture yourself aboard the Paragon or Viviacia, pointlessly trying to remove blood stains from the deck. Boat

...you miss the last half of a re-watch of Forrest Gump because you suddenly get caught up in obsessing about the pros and cons of having Gary Sinise's post-Vietnam War portrayal (of Lt. Dan Taylor) roll over into the role of Kennit. Pirate

...you begin eating your aircraft muesli and discover that apricots are listed as an ingredient. Joker

...you look down out of your aircraft window and realise, with a jolt, that this is how the world would truly look from a dragon's perspective, and the next logical step from there is to start obsessing about what will be revealed concerning the bird's-eye view of the city of Kelsingra and possibly even the God Runes/Out Islands.

...you wonder how you might go about constructing a tapestry or piece of artwork depicting King Wisdom treating with the Elderlings, to place up on your bedroom wall.

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Narya - Feb-18-2012

-You dream that you intend to make a memorial Facebook page for FitzChivalry, but have to ask Molly's permission, first.
- You drag yourself away from reading the books to go to the grocery store, and are a little surprised to see that your shopping cart is filled with bread, cheese, venison, and purple-topped turnips.