thePlenty.net Forums
SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... (/thread-118.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Feb-18-2012

(Feb-18-2012, 08:34 AM (UTC))Narya Wrote: -You dream that you intend to make a memorial Facebook page for FitzChivalry, but have to ask Molly's permission, first.

Big Grin Clapping

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - FoolishGirl - Feb-19-2012

-You spend an inordinate amount of time on the internet searching for REAL apricot brandy, looking into suppliers, and strategizing just how to justify a 250 mile road trip to pick some up. Then you wish SOMEONE would just arrive on his horse with some in his saddle bags...Joker Knight

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Narya - Feb-19-2012

- You go to a tea-tasting, and the proprietor snobbishly tells you that all those herbal blends are not tea. "If it doesn't have actual tea leaves in it, you can't call it tea. After all, we don't have apple wine do we? We call it Apple Cider." And you say to yourself "No apple wine, you mean apple wine is a fiction???"

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Feb-19-2012

(Feb-19-2012, 05:12 PM (UTC))FoolishGirl Wrote: -You spend an inordinate amount of time on the internet searching for REAL apricot brandy, looking into suppliers, and strategizing just how to justify a 250 mile road trip to pick some up. Then you wish SOMEONE would just arrive on his horse with some in his saddle bags...Joker Knight

Clapping THIS I have done! Big Grin Though, in my case, it's a 1200km road trip.... P

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - 'thul - Feb-19-2012

These beings have not done such. Mostly because they don't drive.

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - FoolishGirl - Feb-20-2012

(Feb-19-2012, 10:58 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Clapping THIS I have done! Big Grin Though, in my case, it's a 1200km road trip.... P

Was your trip in search of apricot brandy?? Do you have some? Is it this stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A1linka
Oh, how I want to try it!

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Feb-20-2012

Sorry...I meant that I have done what you have, in that I have searched online, tried to source a bottle/find suppliers, spent time trying to justify a long trip to the east coast to obtain it etc. P

I will be buying some though, especially as I have found an online source here in Australia for Bols Liqueur Brandy Apricot (500ml). Clapping

I also have to justify the cost, seeing as I don't drink brandy. In this, it's a rather expensive taste test!! Big Grin

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - FoolishGirl - Feb-21-2012

(Feb-20-2012, 10:03 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I will be buying some though, especially as I have found an online source here in Australia for Bols Liqueur Brandy Apricot (500ml). Clapping

Never came across the Bols brand before! I see I could get it in the US in New York City (5 hours away and $14/bottle). Can't seem to find the closer supplier of the Barack Palinka online anymore, now I only see it available in Athens, Georgia (2 days' drive), at $45/bottle! Argh! Costly obsession and I know my husband would not condone or even remotely understand going to such lengths. Must check with my local wine shop, maybe there's a way to special order one of these... Keep us posted if you do find/try it!!! Happyballoon

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Narya - Feb-21-2012

So tell me, have you ever tied your long hair back in a warrior's tail and felt just a wee bit unqualified to do so?

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Feb-21-2012

^ Big Grin Clapping

(Feb-21-2012, 12:34 AM (UTC))FoolishGirl Wrote: Costly obsession and I know my husband would not condone or even remotely understand going to such lengths.

Mine either...but he has got to a stage now where it is just a small smile and shake of the head...far better for him to ride the Hobb train than try and stop it! Knight