thePlenty.net Forums
SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... (/thread-118.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Apr-04-2010

...you're driving along the highway, passing over Skull River, but have to back up because you were so sure it said Skill River.

...you spend more time thinking about Fitz than you do the man whose wedding band you wear - sorry Sweetheart Blushing !

...you begin to encourage your husband to grow out his hair so you can bind it back for him in a warrior's tail.

...you see evidence of pecksie dust on doorknobs but then discover it's only your kids who've come back from the paddock after painting cattle yard gateways with silver paint.

ps Thanks for the link re Fitz, Albertosaurus Rex...interesting stuff!

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Nuytsia - Apr-05-2010

(Mar-31-2010, 01:43 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: ...When you try to talk to the figureheads of old ships (Near where I live, there is a replica of a VOC ship, with a badass lion figurehead!).

I didn't know the Batavia had a badass lion figurehead!
I wonder if that's in the West Australian museum? I used to live in Perth and I never went to the maritime museum in Fremantle. Maybe I should have!

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - chriSchaeffer - Apr-06-2010

...when you see the iPad the first thing you do is check to see if the iBooks store has Robin Hobb books.

[Image: xX5Qw.jpg]

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Albertosaurus Rex - Apr-07-2010

[Image: boegbeeld1-1.jpg]

I wonder what It would have to say if it were a Liveship figurehead.

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Nuytsia - Apr-07-2010

Rwwwwawwr!!

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Apr-19-2010

...you're in the schoolroom teaching your eight-year-old about the metamorphosis of a caterpillar to a butterfly, but then digress and spend the next hour explaining the fictitious metamorphosis of a sea serpent into a dragon!

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Apr-20-2010

(Apr-06-2010, 08:48 PM (UTC))chriSchaeffer Wrote: ...when you see the iPad the first thing you do is check to see if the iBooks store has Robin Hobb books.

Were you just checking out the iPad or did you purchase one, Chris? I would assume that, if you bought one, all of the ebooks you have previously purchased for your kindle could then be viewed on the iPad? Will the iPad now push out the kindle in the market place, do you think, or will there be room for both?

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - chriSchaeffer - Apr-20-2010

Quote:Were you just checking out the iPad or did you purchase one, Chris?
No, I didn't purchase an iPad. I just wanted to check out the library on it.

Quote:I would assume that, if you bought one, all of the ebooks you have previously purchased for your kindle could then be viewed on the iPad?
Yes, you can read your Kindle books on the iPad, but you must use the Kindle app, not the Apple iBooks app. Those are two different types of formats. They can not be intermixed. A Kindle book is only and forever a Kindle book. You must use an Amazon software to read it.

Quote:Will the iPad now push out the kindle in the market place, do you think, or will there be room for both?
I don't consider the iPad to be in the same marketplace as the Kindle. I don't think serious readers could stand such a heavy, bright, backlit device to try and read a book on. And the Kindle isn't a multipurpose device. It only does one thing, books. I may buy an iPad soon, but my Kindle will forever be my ebook reader of choice.

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Apr-21-2010

I haven't seen either product but have been considering a Kindle for some time now so thanks for the feedback.

I have also just read the discussion on an older ebook thread with all of the pros of the Kindle you mentioned, and your comment regarding the iPad. Sorry, I should have read there first...you certainly offered some compelling arguments.

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Nuytsia - May-06-2010

...when you're listening to the song 'They can't take that away from me' by Ella Fitzgerald and Louie Armstrong and you start thinking this reminds me of the Fool and Fitz..... and you get a tear in your eye!!! WTF!

And I think the only thing mentioned in that song they did in the books was drink tea!