thePlenty.net Forums
SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... (/thread-118.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - FoolishGirl - Mar-13-2012

(Mar-13-2012, 03:36 AM (UTC))Narya Wrote: Papayak!

Narya, it took me a while to get your joke. I kept reading it as papa-yak.
Good one! Clapping

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Mar-13-2012

(Mar-12-2012, 04:30 AM (UTC))FoolishGirl Wrote:
(Mar-11-2012, 04:32 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: The Amber Apricot? Now my wheels are turning!

...you decide that you're going to buy a boat and paint it orange just to be able to call it this ^ ! EDIT: Or maybe paint it orangey-goldish so I can call it 'Golden Carp' seeing as that is what Fool is to Fitz within the Skill River)...oh boy I have to get me a boat Boat ...and some water to float it in! P

...dodge a bullet for the first time ever (no, I am not going to explain what I mean by this lest I offend someone here! Flowers ) and then find yourself thanking Sa for the visit because you got to read about apricots, including a black variety!

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Narya - Mar-16-2012

You dream that you open up the Sunday newspaper to the Leisure and Travel section, and there is a panoramic photo of the Vestrit family sitting on benches near the bow of a paddle-wheel boat. You look carefully at every person in the photo as you figure out which character is which, based on your knowledge of their appearance and mannerisms. Then you read about their upcoming TV series. (Clearly this has something to do with ordering the Game of Thrones series DVD from Amazon, then falling asleep in the middle of reading Ship of Magic, but the paddle wheeler?)

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - fool-ish - Mar-16-2012

I wish I had dreams like that, I never seem to dream about anything book-based, despite the hours I spend reading and they are many! Down

I did see a dog that looked remarkably wolf-like today...wasn't a small beast either! Nighteyes Wub

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Mar-30-2012

...you have a gazillion other things to do but you shake it all off and spend some minutes creating a Realm of the Elderlings Wordle instead! P

Erk! Heaps more have been created since I did mine Blink
so maybe this link will save you from having to sift through all of the others? Undecided

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Narya - Mar-31-2012

(Mar-30-2012, 11:38 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: ...you have a gazillion other things to do but you shake it all off and spend some minutes creating a Realm of the Elderlings Wordle instead! P

Erk! Heaps more have been created since I did mine Blink
so maybe this link will save you from having to sift through all of the others? Undecided

Brings a smile to my lips to see all those important people and things. Especially the pink sugar cakes!

You know you're reading too much RH when you fall asleep after finishing City of Dragons and dream that you actually have three kids, but you've been telling everyone you have only two, because you've clean forgotten about the youngest one, Seldon. How embarrassing! What a relief to wake up and find it wasn't so!

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Apr-12-2012

...you go to see a movie in a cinema for the first time in years and walk in, see the strips of floor lighting on either side of the seating and immediately think, "[[Jidzin]]!"

...you're walking down a street and see a road train come by with the name of 'Fitzy' on its cab and, like a mad woman, try to chase it down just so you can ask the truck driver if it's named after FitzChivalry Farseer...and then you later do a Google search on trucking companies with Fitzy as a trading name and are dismally disappointed when you can't locate anything! Down

(Mar-31-2012, 05:25 AM (UTC))Narya Wrote: You know you're reading too much RH when you fall asleep after finishing City of Dragons and dream that you actually have three kids, but you've been telling everyone you have only two, because you've clean forgotten about the youngest one, Seldon.

There are seven years between my second and third children and I used to have nightmares all the time that I had forgotten the third or left her behind somewhere. It was awful! Crying

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Valarya - Apr-12-2012

(Apr-12-2012, 07:01 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: There are seven years between my second and third children and I used to have nightmares all the time that I had forgotten the third or left her behind somewhere. It was awful! Crying

I think this is one of those things that just happens to all mothers, lol. I only have one child and I have had my fair share of dreams where I get somewhere only to realize I've left her somewhere and completely forgot to bring her with me. I think it's natural instinct to want to be the best mother to your children, so you have nightmares about being a horrible mom, hahah.

P

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - fool-ish - Apr-12-2012

Having in-depth discussions about pirates with a male colleague today. We came to the conclusion that I should have been a pirate's wench, back in the day, like and he should have been a pirate named 'No-beard' as opposed to 'Blackbeard' (he can't grow a decent beard!) Of course there was honourable (or dishonourable, depending on how you look at it) mention of Kennit et al. It was a funny and enjoyable half hour or so away from the usual grind. Doesn't take much to amuse P

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Apr-12-2012

Clapping