thePlenty.net Forums
SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... (/thread-118.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - May-20-2012

So many times I could have posted here of late but this one I just can't let go by. P

...you ready your clothes for the next day and pop them into the spare bedroom next door because you don't want to wake your husband when you get straight out of bed the very minute you wake up in the wee hours of the morning due to hot flashes and night sweats that are keeping you awake and you can't help but think, "I'm now firmly menopausal. I'm truly in that 'the change' or 'change of life' period of a woman's life. Hmm...it's my changing time. A changing time? I feel ridiculously cold all of the time but then I have these periods of horrible hot flushes, not unlike how Fool gets hot. Hang on!! Ouch Fool only gets hot during a changing time. A changing time?! Blink Crikey, I wonder if Fool is experiencing the true White Prophet's equivalent of perimenopause?" Lightbulb Proud Big Grin

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - 'thul - May-20-2012

... when you try to compare dragons across different fantasy series and finding a mixture between the species that would technically work well in all of them.

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - fool-ish - May-20-2012

When you curse in exasperation...Chade style! P

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - 'thul - May-23-2012

When you intend to search for a character nicknamed "Chase" and you type "Chade"...

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - May-30-2012

...you decide to check for Facebook messages from your sons before turning in early at 10:45pm, only to discover an anxious message from your 'second son' sent only seconds before begging for help with a personal and immediate problem with a friend...and you find yourself giving advice to do something that you would never do/have done yourself only because it worked so well like that for Fitz and Dutiful! P

Now I'm waiting to find out the results of my changing things up a little, and I have to wonder if Chade would frown at me like he did at Fitz? Big Grin

Er, it appears that my advice was discarded (or totally misunderstood!!) and it has all not gone very well at all...even extremely badly. Whistling I am on the wait once more as things progress...or explode. Surrender Life is so much easier with nappies, poops and getting up at all hours to satisfy the urgent hunger of a wailing infant!

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - fool-ish - May-30-2012

(May-30-2012, 01:55 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: ...you decide to check for Facebook messages from your sons before turning in early at 10:45pm, only to discover an anxious message from your 'second son' sent only seconds before begging for help with a personal and immediate problem with a friend...and you find yourself giving advice to do something that you would never do/have done yourself only because it worked so well like that for Fitz and Dutiful! P

Now I'm waiting to find out the results of my changing things up a little, and I have to wonder if Chade would frown at me like he did at Fitz? Big Grin

Er, it appears that my advice was discarded (or totally misunderstood!!) and it has all not gone very well at all...even extremely badly. Whistling I am on the wait once more as things progress...or explode. Surrender Life is so much easier with nappies, poops and getting up at all hours to satisfy the urgent hunger of a wailing infant!
I'm tending to agree, though I do like my sleep P

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Peet75 - Jun-08-2012

...you think suggest "Fitz" as a name for your pregnant best friend's child.

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Aug-14-2012

...your husband wakes you with a kiss in the wee hours of the morning and tells you that you smell like strawberries, and your mind flicks straight to Fitz and the smells he smells of Molly and Kettricken. P

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - londonlassie - Aug-14-2012

(May-22-2010, 02:35 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: ...you're driving around town with your husband at the wheel asking,"Where to now?" and you reply without thinking, "The Rain Wilds" Uhhuh !

Fantastic, that made me laugh so hard P

(Jul-20-2010, 12:07 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: You know you're hooked (to thePlenty) when...you start each thought with "these beings". You're having an affect on me, 'thul P !

So did this.

(Sep-03-2011, 07:00 AM (UTC))KeyIsland Wrote: ... When you get mad at your boyfriend for not being as put together and charming as Kennit

This happened to me rather recently. It was a case of the awkward moment when your (admittedly casual) relationship comes to an abrupt end because your boyfriend isn't quite as attractive or cultured as a fictional character, despite being sane and unburdened by however many years' worth of emotional baggage. Uhhuh

Also...

...you always want to take the bus into the nearest city because you get to go past a road called Kennit Close on the way (Mum has given up trying to make me take the train).

...your mother tells you during an argument, "If you're smart, you'll stop acting like a fool right now!" and your immediate response is, "But I have never been wise."

...you try to bond with various and sundry animals, to no avail Down

...you spend more time looking up Hobb fanart/fansites/fanforums than you do revising, which is why I think I may have failed my exams.

...you wanted to take psychology at college because you wanted to understand Kennit (I'm bad at science, so I took politics instead).

...you ask your bratty, boy-obsessed, selfish cousin what she would change her name to if she could pick anything, and her immediate reply is "Malta". You find this amusing for the rest of the day.

...you really, really want to be a dragon's BFF.

...your mother wants to go to Jamaica on holiday. You want to go to Jamaillia.

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Aug-15-2012

Big Grin Good stuff!! Clapping