thePlenty.net Forums
SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... (/thread-118.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - 'thul - Aug-15-2012

... you force others to live with the fact that you are a dragon.

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - londonlassie - Aug-22-2012

The hand dryer in the ladies in John Lewis has "Selden" printed on the front of it and you have a little happy fit, confusing your friend and everyone else behind you in the queue.

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - fool-ish - Aug-22-2012

(Aug-22-2012, 12:54 PM (UTC))londonlassie Wrote: The hand dryer in the ladies in John Lewis has "Selden" printed on the front of it and you have a little happy fit, confusing your friend and everyone else behind you in the queue.
I saw one of those last week! I'd forgotten all about it P

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - londonlassie - Aug-23-2012

(Aug-22-2012, 09:19 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote:
(Aug-22-2012, 12:54 PM (UTC))londonlassie Wrote: The hand dryer in the ladies in John Lewis has "Selden" printed on the front of it and you have a little happy fit, confusing your friend and everyone else behind you in the queue.

Gotta love ROTE-ish merchandise Yay ....talking of which, I find it shocking that nobody has come out with a ROTE film yet Blink

I have a semi-finished, semi-forgotten Liveships script hidden away upstairs somewhere from when I was twelve or thirteen and desperately wanted to be a film director and somehow thought that included actually doing the book-to-film script as well Blushing

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - fool-ish - Aug-23-2012

(Aug-23-2012, 02:35 PM (UTC))londonlassie Wrote:
(Aug-22-2012, 09:19 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote:

Gotta love ROTE-ish merchandise Yay ....talking of which, I find it shocking that nobody has come out with a ROTE film yet Blink

I have a semi-finished, semi-forgotten Liveships script hidden away upstairs somewhere from when I was twelve or thirteen and desperately wanted to be a film director and somehow thought that included actually doing the book-to-film script as well Blushing
Well, when it goes to screen, can I have a part please? Not a young character, mind...and according to my husband, I'd make a good dragon Dodgy

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - londonlassie - Aug-23-2012

(Aug-23-2012, 04:04 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Well, when it goes to screen, can I have a part please? Not a young character, mind...and according to my husband, I'd make a good dragon Dodgy

Haha the ambition to be a director has long since gone out of the window, so I doubt it will go to screen.

If it ever does, though, I'm sure something can be arranged P

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - 'thul - Aug-24-2012

It would be interesting, but only RH could possibly approve of such, and then it would require some serious financing... these beings would guess that it would be more likely to be able for adaption after the whole story is finished...

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - fool-ish - Aug-24-2012

I'm not sure it could be done, actually. We have the story from Fitz's perspective...his thoughts, feelings, emotions and pain. How on earth do you get all that across on screen? Not to mention Nighteyes wolfy thoughts, which are an integral part of Fitz's life and the whole story come to that. Nah, it wouldn't work and if it was attempted, you can guarantee I'd hate it and demand a refund!

Liveships could work, maybe?

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Aug-25-2012

I haven't checked in over there since my move but while I was packing, everyone in the Newsgroup was discussing this very subject if you wanted to head on over and see what Robin and other Hobb fans have had to say on the matter? All are welcome, even if you only want to lurk for a time... Flowers

The Newsgroup link if you havne't seen it previously. Smiling By all means keep chatting about it here though (I think we are a nice bunch! Grouphug ) but just if you're interested in sitting around Robin's kitchen table and chatting with her about such things also...

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - 'thul - Aug-25-2012

indeed. not exactly something that would be easy for anyone. It might even be easier for someone to adapt liveships or later. Of course, its not anything that is likely to happen anytime soon...