thePlenty.net Forums
SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... (/thread-118.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - londonlassie - Sep-07-2012

...you seriously contemplate learning French just so you can join Les Rivages Maudits, which appears to be the French version of thePlenty.

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Sep-07-2012

I can understand that. Smiling I'm a member of Blood Memories which is an Italian Hobb fan site. I don't speak a lick of Italian P , but have thought that I might like to learn some just so that I can converse with my friends over there all the more. Generally I just stick to the English-speaking forum, like our Dutch and Finnish forums here...though most people who frequent thePlenty are more intelligent than I and have a fairly good handle on English by the time they get here. I have put many Blood Memories posts through Google Translate over the years, as both a long-time lurker and member (though I haven't been on recently due to some log-in problems I have to attend to). It is very much like thePlenty as Mervi (our moderator and admin) helped Blood Memories to set up their site I believe.

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - londonlassie - Sep-16-2012

Your best friend is going through some terrible relationship trouble and is very depressed, and most of the advice you give her about accepting and moving on, embracing hardship and overcoming it etc comes from either Wintrow's internal monologues or the Precepts Of Sa Blink

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Sep-17-2012

Big Grin Clapping

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - 'thul - Sep-17-2012

could be worse sources...

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - finella - Sep-25-2012

... you're glad, that it's raining during your holidays, because you don't have to work in the garden, don't have to go with the dogs, but go on re-reading Tawny Man.

... you wake up in the morning during your holiday and, still in bed and sleepy, try to remember, where you left Fitz and Co. the night before and at what passage you will plunge back into them - and you smile, because it's raining again Big Grin.

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - londonlassie - Sep-25-2012

Clapping

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Oct-06-2012

...you go on a family holiday but have to keep reminding yourself that you must take *family* photos, not look for photo opportunites such as this one...and there were so many!

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - fool-ish - Oct-06-2012

(Oct-06-2012, 01:24 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: ...you go on a family holiday but have to keep reminding yourself that you must take *family* photos, not look for photo opportunites such as this one...and there were so many!
Big Grin

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - 'thul - Oct-06-2012

*shakes heads before walking off*

(in particular fool-ish' head & Farseer's head)