thePlenty.net Forums
SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Realm of the Elderlings (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... (/thread-118.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - fool-ish - Jul-25-2011

Going to work only to find a patient on the ward called Eda. Tangles and knots occupied my mind most of that day P

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - KeyIsland - Sep-03-2011

... When you don't hang out with your friends for months and make excuess to have more time to read the books
... When you get mad at your boyfriend for not being as put together and charming as Kennit or as Manly and sexy as Reyn
... When you Have a hard time talking to people Because all you really want to be doing is reading your book!

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - fool-ish - Sep-03-2011

(Sep-03-2011, 07:00 AM (UTC))KeyIsland Wrote: ... When you don't hang out with your friends for months and make excuess to have more time to read the books
... When you get mad at your boyfriend for not being as put together and charming as Kennit or as Manly and sexy as Reyn
... When you Have a hard time talking to people Because all you really want to be doing is reading your book!
All of the above and more! Work really got in the way of my reading enjoyment. I took my book with me so I could read it on the bus and then on my break and felt really resentful if someone else was on break with me! Day off yesterday but I had to go out...I practically ran around doing my errands so I could get back to the book! It's not good really is it, this obsession.

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - 'thul - Sep-03-2011

It is more than good. Far more...
... posting things like that ^^^^

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - fool-ish - Sep-03-2011

I once saw a fridge magnet saying 'Cereal for dinner, Mum's reading Twilight.' I need one saying 'Mum's reading a Robin Hobb'

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Nov-12-2011

...you attend a whole-day educational workshop on the New Australian Curriculum but can't remember what was mentioned in the last couple of hours because you were at some stage given a 'traffic light' feedback sheet to fill with headings such as 'Green - what we do well', 'Amber - what we can tweak', 'Red - what we don't do well'.

...you chat on the phone to your nursing sister-in-law about your son, who is currently on long-term antibiotics to off-set his sixteen boils and sixth boil 'episode' since June, and she shares how surprised she is at the number of men who go to the hospital with boils on their backsides, and then you can't help but snigger as you immediately picture Dutiful pretending to have a boil on his.

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Nov-14-2011

...you can locate all of your Robin Hobb books, and related notes and jottings, but can't find your son's recent school reports...yes, the ones he needs so that he can receive a $20 000 university scholarship! Detective

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Nov-15-2011

^ Found them...only taken me days of searching and re-searching. Feeling very relieved! Yay

Back on topic...

...when you get to filing sheets of schoolwork now that all core work for the year is completed but find you must fight the impulse to digress onto theories about Abominations when you come across an 'Other' tab, following 'SOSE', 'Arts', 'Science' etc...

...when you're drafting cattle in the yards and call up your wife on the two-way to tell her that you've just drafted of a couple of cows that look like they've come from the Rain Wilds (because they have fluid under the skin on their heads and thus look strange and bumpy)... This one was my husband!

...when you suddenly realise one day that Fitz and Fool's 'forehead thing' that they have going on together is the same thing that you and your husband have going on... Uhhuh

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Nov-20-2011

...when others in the forums are chatting about Pan's Labyrinth and all you can think of when you read of it is Time's Labyrinth within Cassarick, and you make it your goal for the day to get back to that post you've been meaning to write about it...! P

RE: SPOILERS ALL BOOKS You know you're hooked when... - Farseer - Nov-23-2011

...realise almost an hour too late that you have missed a VERY important teleconference because you were too busy trying to back up your way-out RotE theories by finding references in the books! Whistling