thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Sep-22-2012

These beings have been intending to read a bit of that one (Furies of Calderon), but they have yet to get around to it. It and five sequels are sitting on their bookshelf...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Sep-22-2012

Nothing, I'm reading nothing! Blink My mum offered me her copy of Fifty Shades Of Grey, which she tried to read, because half of the world's female population is and...failed! And on having a quick scan through it earlier today, I can see why!

So yeah, I'm lacking in new reading material and getting a little tetchy! A re-read (of something) coming up, methinks!

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - Sep-23-2012

(Sep-22-2012, 10:35 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Nothing, I'm reading nothing! Blink My mum offered me her copy of Fifty Shades Of Grey, which she tried to read, because half of the world's female population is and...failed! And on having a quick scan through it earlier today, I can see why!

So yeah, I'm lacking in new reading material and getting a little tetchy! A re-read (of something) coming up, methinks!
[Image: Fellowship-of-the-Ring-wink.jpg]

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Sep-23-2012

(Sep-23-2012, 12:39 PM (UTC))joost Wrote:
(Sep-22-2012, 10:35 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Nothing, I'm reading nothing! Blink My mum offered me her copy of Fifty Shades Of Grey, which she tried to read, because half of the world's female population is and...failed! And on having a quick scan through it earlier today, I can see why!

[Image: Fellowship-of-the-Ring-wink.jpg]
Big Grin I really should, shouldn't I? Watch this space..

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Sep-23-2012

One of my sons turned eighteen recently and his friends decided to buy him this as a joke, so he read it on the ten-hour+ journey home from uni on the Greyhound bus today. I asked if he was trying to do it discreetly and he replied, "No, I just whipped it out and started reading it."

Uhhuh

Blink

Ouch

Blushing

Ah, good on you, Farseer's heir! Slurp Grouphug

A hulking, rugby league-playing, country male he may be but he couldn't give a toss about what others think and I like that! P Proud

(Sep-23-2012, 12:39 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: [Image: Fellowship-of-the-Ring-wink.jpg]

Priceless, joost, priceless! Clapping Slurp

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Narya - Sep-23-2012

I don't recall it, but my brother says that when I first got the LOTR I locked myself in the bathroom and read the entire thing. I've read it a "few" times since then. It really is a foundational book.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Sep-23-2012

That's the sort of behavior these beings had when they read the "twilight" books, farseer. They saw no reason to deny reading them.

'thul did read about a funny version of the book you mentioned, farseer... It was 200 pages, 4 sets of 50 identical pages, toned in fifty different shades of grey.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - mmmmmmm - Sep-23-2012

I am re-reading On Fortune's wheel by Cynthia Voigt which remains one of my favourite books

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Sep-25-2012

I LOVE Cynthia Voigt!! Clapping

@ thul: Big Grin

@ Narya: I agree, most definitely 'foundational'. I have read LOTR enough times but have never owned it...I do now after Son Number Two (the one reading FSoG) bought me the three-books-in-one version for my birthday. It looks great on my bookshelf. All of my Hobb books look great on this iPad too!! Yay

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Sep-25-2012

These beings only own one version of LOTR, but unfortunately that is in a rather tough-to-comprehend dialect of Norwegian.