thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Dec-07-2012

(Dec-07-2012, 11:06 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: A bit of light reading in the apartment room, I'm reading a Kindle-for-PC version of 'Jim Reeves: His Untold Story'. A singer from the 1950s and 60s, I think he may have died a decade or so before I was even born but his records were like the background music to my childhood, as were Charley Pride's.

My son, the one recovering from surgery, is almost done with his foray into the Fifty Shades trilogy Blink and so is finally looking to head back into the Realm of the Elderlings, now that he has time to get through the whole tale in the one block. Clapping Last attempt, he got all the way through to the release of DK but stumbled and then stopped when he came across something he couldn't quite accept.
I should think he'll find RotE a blessed relief after that drivel! Blink

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Dec-08-2012

These beings do hope he gets sucked deeply into the rain wilds and the rest of the realm of the elderlings...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - Dec-08-2012

Clive Barker - Weaveworld

For the fourth (or maybe fifth?) time. Barker is one of my favourite writers, and only very few things (Galilee) he has written have disappointed me.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - Jan-01-2013

Charles Lewinsky - Melnitz

Not my usual type of book. This book is about the family Meijer, a Jewish family living in Switzerland. In five parts (1871, 1893, 1913, 1937 and 1945) the five generations of this family are followed. Sometimes funny, sometimes sorrowful, occasionally painful, but always touching, it's a book that draws you in.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jan-01-2013

These beings just finished up on the eighth book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J. R. Ward.
Though it technically falls under the paranormal romance, the stories are not centered on the romance part. Sure it frequently happens and is described in detail, but that isn't the core of the stories. Quite excellent books with an interesting twist to the use of the vampire mythos.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Jan-01-2013

I have begun Glenda Larke's The Mirage Makers trilogy with 'Heart of the Mirage'. Not much time for being here, let alone reading, but I'll try and get a chapter or two a day in (the kind of reading that makes me nuts because I prefer to read a book in one go!). So much for time to read during the school holidays! *sigh* Crying

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - Jan-06-2013

(Dec-07-2012, 11:22 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I should think he'll find RotE a blessed relief after that drivel! Blink

^-- That! Lol Ouch

Last I posted in here end of October I was still in the midst of the Vorkosigan Saga by Bujold. I stopped after book 7 or so and decided to finally embark on the journey I'd been avoiding for so long.

And in this case, I love being wrong.

I'm 9 books deep in the Wheel of Time series right now.. and I don't know if you've seen how GIANT those books are, but I've read almost 9 in a month and a half or so. That should tell you how much I'm inhaling them. Frankly, I don't know how I got through the holidays without my face stuck in a book.

And to all the people who said the WoT series was similar to Sword of Truth.. you were so SO wrong! Knight

(I know none of you here said that - it was just me speaking to the world at large, haha.)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jan-06-2013

These beings have wheel of time on the to-be-read list... but as the last one isn't quite published yet, it is filed under "not yet".

Right now there's some thirty or so books on the list, so it is hard to say when it'll get read.

current physical book reading is "Starcraft: Ghost: Spectres". Quite good so far. Had to get it when 'thul managed to be 1 minute late for a train on friday. (fortunately the next train on that route was but an hour later)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Jan-06-2013

Re my son and Fifty Shades...I actually think he's now hoping for a movie adaptation! Big Grin

I bought my husband the Jack Reacher novel, 'One Shot' by Lee Child, for Christmas. Apparently there is a movie adaptation that's been released starring Tom Cruise. From his enjoyment of the book, I have found myself reading the first book of the series 'The Killing Floor' (because I can't stand coming into things midway through! P ).

I can see why he enjoys Child's style but I'm not much of a fan of the very short sentence structure. An enjoyable read regardless.

ps Has my avatar disappeared for everyone, or only me? Down

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - Jan-06-2013

(Jan-06-2013, 06:52 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings have wheel of time on the to-be-read list... but as the last one isn't quite published yet, it is filed under "not yet".

It's out this week.. so I think you'd be safe to start. Cool

(Jan-06-2013, 12:43 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: ps Has my avatar disappeared for everyone, or only me? Down

I can still see it!! Magic