thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jan-18-2013

Neither! Feathers don't fall under the banner of my favourite things! Ouch

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jan-19-2013

Then finish the book, and you won't get tarred and feathered. A simple deal, really.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jan-20-2013

I can't yet, reading a Stephen King..

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jan-20-2013

oh well... *starts heating up the tar*

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Albertosaurus Rex - Jan-22-2013

I have so much spare time these days due to being unemployed, but the strange thing is that this does not translate to reading more but rather to reading less. I hope this will change next month, when I'm due to start a one-year course to become a high school teacher and the included internship. I'm probably going to miss my precious spare time. Nonetheless, I managed to read two non-fiction works by Stephen Prothero: God Is Not One (about the world's eight most influential religions) and Religious Literacy. I'm currently reading Darrell Schweitzer's The White Isle, an older and fairly obscure fantasy novel which is okay so far.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - Jan-22-2013

fool-ish... I'm gonna be the one to go ahead and say it:

If you aren't completely in love and sucked in by Tom Bombadil, I'd just set it down and call it a good try. P

That, or maybe it's just not your time. I absolutely cannot be forced to read a book - if I get forced, I won't enjoy it nor read it. So set it down, or come back again when the 'thul beings aren't threatening you. Book

Grouphug

(I'm almost done with book 11 of Wheel of Time. Moving on to book 12 after that.)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jan-22-2013

its not a threat... its a promise...

meat? where is meat?

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jan-23-2013

Valarya, it was a case of *I really should read it* rather than *I want to read it* so maybe you're right and it wasn't 'my time.' Undecided I can't say I felt anything but mild irritation towards Tom Bombadil. I found the monotonous descriptions of scenery far more annoying and laborious to read in the extreme...can't be doing with waffle! Dodgy

As for threats...those beings are all bluster and big softies at heart P

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Albertosaurus Rex - Jan-24-2013

You know what I really want to read? Tuf Voyaging, a collection of stories by George R. R. Martin that was supposed to get a hardcover re-release by Gollancz 17 januari. However, it didn't come out that day. Most stores are now listing it as unavailable, Amazon UK lists it as "not yet released" (with an unchanged release date of januari 17th) and Waterstones lists it as "publication abandoned". I have contacted the publisher but I've had no response so far, which is really annoying. I want to know what's going on!

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Jan-24-2013

(Jan-22-2013, 03:28 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: I have so much spare time these days due to being unemployed, but the strange thing is that this does not translate to reading more but rather to reading less.

This is like my being on school holidays (which ended a week ago!) or having children grow up and become less dependent! I read more while teaching my eldest two as youngsters and hauling around a new baby!

(Jan-22-2013, 03:28 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: I hope this will change next month, when I'm due to start a one-year course to become a high school teacher and the included internship.

This sounds exciting! Smiling What made you consider taking this direction and what will you be qualified to teach once you're done, Albertosaurus Rex? Turned