thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Feb-07-2013

plans seem to change suddenly.

These beings have now started reading "The Dragon Reborn", which happens to be the third book in the Wheel of Time. (they used a bit under a week to read the first two)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - Feb-08-2013

(Feb-07-2013, 11:14 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: plans seem to change suddenly.

These beings have now started reading "The Dragon Reborn", which happens to be the third book in the Wheel of Time. (they used a bit under a week to read the first two)

Hah, I take it you're liking them then?

I just finished the 14th book last night. If you're ever in the mood to discuss them without bothering anyone else, feel free to PM me. I was so depressed last night when it was all over, I've had to take an entire day today to decompress. As much as I had avoided this series.. now the characters will never leave me. And that is a sweet thing. Smiling

Tomorrow I start the First Law series by Joe Abercrombie.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Feb-08-2013

'thul never doubted they'd like them. They just had a vow to not start reading any of them until the last book was out.

There's so little happening here that discussion might as well be taken in one thread or another. maybe it'll boost activity in other threads?

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Feb-10-2013

Rather than use PMs, feel free to even start a new Wheel of Time thread if you like? If you put a spoiler tag in the thread title, you could then speak freely without fear of spoiling things for others who haven't read them yet? Others who *have* also read them can then join in with the discussion as well?

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Feb-10-2013

that too is simpler.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - Feb-11-2013

I'm currently reading Yotsuba&!. It's a hilarious manga about a little girl who moves to a new house with her dad. This book has made me laugh harder than I have in awhile.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Feb-11-2013

explain?

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - Feb-11-2013

You have to read it, it's hard to explain in a few lines why Yotsuba's so funny.
Damn. Just checked on Amazon, the version of Memory of light that I want (Orbit paperback) is scheduled to be released in october....

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Feb-11-2013

sounds inconvenient.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - Feb-25-2013

Shuuzou Oshimi - The flowers of evil

A very weird and disturbing manga. Takao Kasuga is a schoolboy who loves Baudelaire. One day he forgets his book, and when he returns to the classroom to pick it up he finds the gym clothes of Nanako Saeki, a girl he has a crush on. On a whim he takes the clothes with him, but unfortunately Sawa Nakamura, the weird girl from his class, sees him take the clothes. She decides to blackmail Takao to 'release his inner pervert'. Bizarre event after bizarre event (e.g. Nakamura forces Kasuga to go on a date with Saeki wearing her gym clothes under his regular clothes) follows. Very odd reading, but I like it anyway.