thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - Mar-22-2013

Schadenfreude Smiling

Started ParaKiss, started CoD, should start Empowered, I have too many unread books lying around....

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Mar-23-2013

(Mar-22-2013, 02:43 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: Schadenfreude Smiling

P

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Apr-06-2013

well, right now these beings are reading "Path of Daggers", book 8 in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time. Next on list is quite probably book 9-13 (or 14 if that is accessible), but who knows, maybe the newly received Blood of Dragons will sneak in there somewhere along with a couple of others (Diablo book "The Order" & Starcraft book "Flashpoint")?

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - Apr-09-2013

Hey some of our posts disappeared, lol. I had replied to you already, 'thul beings. Must be the forum upgrade. Smiling

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Apr-09-2013

indeed they did. 'thul can vaguely recall reading an answer.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - Apr-09-2013

(Apr-09-2013, 07:11 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: indeed they did. 'thul can vaguely recall reading an answer.

I said that you're almost to my favorite book in the series (9. Winter's Heart). Wink

I am putting book 2 of the Magister Trilogy (C.S. Friedman) on hold today since BLOOD OF DRAGONS finally came out in the U.S......

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - Apr-09-2013

And another addition to the ever growing list of things-to-read: Azumanga daioh, a 4-panel comic about some highschool girls. It's by the same author of Yotsuba&!, which is very fast becoming one of my alltime favourite manga.

And I just finished volume 1 of Paradise kiss. It's not as good or addictive as Nana (the other big Ai Yazawa manga), but it's not bad. It's about a group of art students who drag an overly serious girl into their art-world, thereby forcing her to try to find out what's making her tick. Is she really studying because she likes it or because her parents expect it of her?

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Apr-10-2013

100-150 pages to go in the book. Quite enjoyable, even if certain plot elements are predictable. (there are usually at least 2-3 unpredictable parts to each predictable part)

Its annoyingly intriguing when there's someone running about under a false name (or no name) and there's no way to figure out whom it is. These beings have managed (mostly) to avoid the spoilers inherent to the wiki, even if they've read some parts there (mostly to keep track of certain names (for those characters with multiple known names)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Apr-10-2013

Stephen King - 11.22.63. Really rather good it is, too Smiling

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Apr-11-2013

182 pages into Winter's Heart. Good start.