thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - Apr-11-2013

(Apr-11-2013, 12:00 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: 182 pages into Winter's Heart. Good start.

Yay

I'll admit, one of the reasons I loved this book was because of the ceremony between Aviendha and Elayne. I'm not sure if I liked it so much due to the fact I'm a girl and could see myself going through the same ceremony with my best friend (and it made me cry)... but there you go. P

That isn't the ONLY reason I liked this book best, though! Blushing

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Apr-11-2013

It was interesting. These beings rather like the no-nonsense personalities of the ash'aman.

Its too bad 'thul had accidentally come across a spoiler concerning Rand's plan for the male source prior to the book. Spoiled what might have been a true laugh over ambitious (yet rather predictable) plans.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - Apr-12-2013

I got obsessed with the WoT wiki and spoiled almost the entire series for myself because I couldn't help it. Spoilers don't bother me, though... because I still found the getting-there part super enjoyable, haha.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Apr-12-2013

true. Spoilers are a tasty dish.

Not meat!

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Apr-16-2013

These beings just finished up Winter's Heart. A lovely end as usual.

The fight for cleansing the male source was quite epic in 'thul's opinion. Do you agree, Valarya?

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - Apr-16-2013

Finished Paradise kiss, now I'm starting with a course in Russian so I'll understand the latest spam. After that I'm gonna read Empowered, a comic about a superheroine who loses her powers when her suit tears. Apart from that she's very self-conscious and is constantly worrying about her big butt.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Apr-16-2013

(Apr-16-2013, 02:05 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: now I'm starting with a course in Russian so I'll understand the latest spam.

*laughs*

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - Apr-16-2013

(Apr-16-2013, 11:15 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings just finished up Winter's Heart. A lovely end as usual.

The fight for cleansing the male source was quite epic in 'thul's opinion. Do you agree, Valarya?

Yes, yes!! That was another reason that book was one of my favorites in the series. It just seemed like the books had been moving toward that point for quite a while.. and so lovely that the Ashaman & Aes Sedai came together to help Rand ward off the Forsaken so he could get it done. I love the reaction of one of the Ashaman afterwards... as he's laying on his Aes Sedai's lap, having his hair stroked and just saying over and over "it's clean...."

Big Grin

Probably about the same reaction the males had after the seals were set... "it's dirty... it's dirty..:"

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - May-11-2013

Yay, forum is fixed so I can come chat in here now! Wink Thanks Mervi!

Currently reading Book 3 of the Magister's Trilogy by CS Friedman. She also wrote the Coldfire Trilogy, which is great.

The magic is super interesting in this book in that people with the ability to wield magic use their own life-force each time they do a spell... so their lives are shorter than most people. And it makes them really think about the cost of spells before they're used. That doesn't really say much about the story/trilogy, just the magic system. It's very good. IMO Wink