thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - May-11-2013

I'm currently reading Azumanga daioh, a manga about a bunch of school girls. Most of the stories are '4-panel shorts'. Not all jokes are as funny, which may be caused by a cultural difference between the Western world and Japan, but there are enough jokes that make me smile and occasionally giggle, so it's a worthwhile read.

I'm also reading some online erotica: Intemperance by Al Steiner, a story about an '80s heavy metal band. Despite its many flaws (names change occasionally, names of real bands are misspelled, general grammar errors) it's a very nice story. A bit too much drug (ab)use, but since I come from a metal background, the story itself about the music and life on the road interests me.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - KekPafrany - May-12-2013

I'm reading Pratchett again, the Maskerade. It is funny and good - I like the witches storyline from his books.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - May-12-2013

these beings decided to derail a bit and re-read some of the Ender books.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - May-12-2013

Wahey! It's sorted! Big Grin

I'm on a Stephen King run again. In the past few weeks I've read '11.22.63', The Green Mile (truly, one of the saddest books I've ever read!) and now 'IT'.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - May-13-2013

And Intemperance finished. Although it's a good story, I can't understand why it's #1 on the long stories list of storiesonline.net, it's not that good. Starting now on An ordinary college sex life 1, an online erotica novel by Bluedragon. Part 3 is going to be published in a few days so I want to reread the first 2 parts again.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Luckheart - May-16-2013

Recently re-read the Tide Lord books by Jennifer Fallon, but now I have finally got my hands on Blood of Dragons ..
well, I won't be seeing much sleep and/or sunlight, depending on how long it takes me Wink

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - o0Ampy0o - Jun-08-2013

Finished The Way of Kings (loved it).

Most recently I have been reading The Blinding Knife from The Lightbringer series by Brent Weeks (The Black Prism and The Blinding Knife). Apparently it was to be a trilogy but he has referred to a fourth book. ...I'm hoping this goes on forever Book The first two are currently available.

Weeks is such a good writer. There are many characters to admire, good and bad people, whether ideal or frumpy. He can incorporate humor in a tasteful and sharp manner. Never a dull moment. The magic system here is the color spectrum.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - Jun-10-2013

I've been meaning to read some Brent Weeks stuff for years. *groans* -- *looks at how large her book list is*

I'll get there eventually!! P I'm currently reading Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier. After this, it's American Gods and then on to Neil's newest book.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jun-10-2013

These beings are in the small hiatus between books as they finished "The Gathering Storm" yesterday and do not have immediate access to the next book in line. Good book.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - KekPafrany - Jun-26-2013

Spice and Wolf written by Isuna Hasekura, I have seen in as an anime, I'm curious.