thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - Jun-26-2013

Really close to finishing American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I was gonna move on to his new novel afterwards, but I think I'm gonna pick up the Godspeaker Trilogy first. Big Grin

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jun-27-2013

these beings have been doing a bit of reading here and there recently...

minor things like finishing up wheel of time, starting on reading the Dresden Files, re-reading a bit of the enderverse and so on.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - Jul-01-2013

Mary Gentle - 1610: A sundial in a grave

I'm still waiting for my copy of Black opera, so I started reading another Mary Gentle book. A book about magic and science and Dr. Robert Fludd who can calculate the future. Once again, Mary Gentle proves why she is my favourite author.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Aug-09-2013

Not quite right now, but...

These beings recently read "The Prince of Thorns" by Mark Lawrence, the first book in a series. They came across book two when browsing a bookstore, noticing a nice-looking cover and a quote on the back recommending it. A quote from the Tangle Leader, that is.

Good book. Inventive style. Worth a read.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - mmmmmmm - Aug-11-2013

I have just finished the Emperor of Thorns. I would struggle to review without spoiling the ending but well worth reading.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Aug-12-2013

These beings have gotten a bit side-tracked into reading Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles. Also worth a read.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - KekPafrany - Aug-27-2013

I'm rereading now the 'A marriage of insects' by Bard Bloom - it is a novel for a strange fantasy-rpg world. When I first read it, I didn't know the world at all, and there are tons of strange names in it (people, species, regions, personal names, ranks, strange animals, fruits mushrooms etc) and lot's of invented words so it wasn't enjoyable at all.

But now I know this setting, I played the rpg a lot, I read the rulebook - the World Tree - so I can find the treasures in the novel and to my surprise - there are so many treasure in it Smiling

That for sure: I don't suggest anyone to read the book without knowing the world. It doesn't introduce the world, it just expect you to know it, and that's a big mistake from the writer.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - o0Ampy0o - Aug-29-2013

I decided to begin The Wheel of Time. So far I don't think Jordan needed to say half of what he wrote. I have had a taste of it and have set it aside. I may be able to resume reading later giving it room to acclimate in the back of my mind.

Brandon Sanderson has become a favorite author of mine. Currently I am reading Warbreaker. Worth noting, he has skillfully crafted a few of the characters through their banter. Some of the dialogue is so cleverly written. It has been very enjoyable reading.

I also recently completed his The Emperor's Soul and Elantris. Especially liked the fast pace of Emperor's Soul' single book after reading several trilogies.

Also read The Warded Man by Peter Brett. I was bothered by the last quarter. The author switched perspectives on everyone and it did not work. That will be a 5-book series though it states "trilogy" almost everywhere. The publisher gave a tentative go on three but sales guaranteed the author's vision of a 5-book series. I am not reading the other books though. The first was that bad, or rather, Brett ruined the good book that exists in the first 3/4s and I ended up not liking anything about the story's direction or any character's behavior.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Norma J. - Aug-31-2013

(Aug-29-2013, 09:48 AM (UTC))o0Ampy0o Wrote: I decided to begin The Wheel of Time. So far I don't think Jordan needed to say half of what he wrote. I have had a taste of it and have set it aside. I may be able to resume reading later giving it room to acclimate in the back of my mind.

My sentiments exactly. I forced myself to read all of it but Sanderson's last book in the series. I read the ending and was sick of being nauseous, so didn't bother with the first mega-number of pages.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - o0Ampy0o - Sep-16-2013

Have any of you read The Legends of Muirwood series of books by Jeff Wheeler? If you are interested in a wonderful story with a heroine give them a look.