thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? - Farseer - Aug-27-2010

Have just began a re-read of Harper Lee's 'To Kill a Mockingbird'...I thought I may as well hop on the bandwagon as everyone I know is reading the thing to celebrate fifty years since it's release! It also makes my ironing pile decrease quite rapidly when I have something easy to read up in front of me P !!!

*noting down The Fool's Gold trilogy and the The Temeraire series for future reads!*

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Aug-27-2010

These beings have paused the various books they are reading, but will no doubt start up again this weekend. They will then have access to the family library.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Albertosaurus Rex - Aug-29-2010

Still reading Altered Carbon, but I just wanted to get a thought in. I have recently come into possession of an Iphone 4 (yeah!) and I have to say, while it's a great little thing, I'm kinda relieved when, after so much looking at a screen, I can still curl up with an honest paper book. E-books might be the future, but I hope that physical books will never go away.

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Aug-30-2010

These beings just finished reading the short story "homecoming" (care to guess author?)

It put an interesting light on things, especially in relation to Jamillia's knowledge of the rain wilds... or lack thereof...

RE: What are you reading right now? - joost - Aug-30-2010

Not yet reading, but I bought 'The legend of Sigurd & GudrĂșn' by some guy named J.R.R. Tolkien today. I completely missed this being released last year! As soon as I'm done with Fool's gold (currently halfway part 2, I don't have much time to read these days), I'm gonna start reading this. I've always been fascinated by the Edda so this looks to be an interesting read.

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Aug-30-2010

(Aug-30-2010, 07:58 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: by some guy named J.R.R. Tolkien

Never heard of 'im... Has he written anything decent?

RE: What are you reading right now? - joost - Aug-31-2010

(Aug-30-2010, 10:50 PM (UTC))thul Wrote:
(Aug-30-2010, 07:58 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: by some guy named J.R.R. Tolkien
Never heard of 'im... Has he written anything decent?
Mostly fantasy, and as we all know that's all rubbish P.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Farseer - Aug-31-2010

(Aug-30-2010, 11:50 AM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings just finished reading the short story "homecoming" (care to guess author?)

That's FANTASTIC! You beings can maybe now return to the Homecoming thread and share your thoughts on my question which still hangs there in solitary limbo...please P ?! *begging*

I have a thought but would love to hear all of yours!

RE: What are you reading right now? - Albertosaurus Rex - Sep-05-2010

I still have to get to that story...

Just finished Altered Carbon. It was pretty good, but not as awesome as some of the rave reviews around would have you believe. Still, it was good enough that I'll be checking out more books by Mr. Morgan. (In fact, I got a copy of his fantasy novel The Steel Remains at a discount price, but that book, while not bad, is considered to be not up to the same standard as his other stuff, so I won't be reading it just yet...)

Next up: I think I'll read Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose. My dad keeps recommending this book to me, so I'm very curious.

RE: What are you reading right now? - joost - Sep-05-2010

(Sep-05-2010, 01:34 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: Next up: I think I'll read Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose. My dad keeps recommending this book to me, so I'm very curious.
It's a very good book, although I prefer Foucault's pendulum. Baudolino and Queen Loana are very nice books too, the only book I've never really gotten into was Island of the day before.

There's going to be a new Eco end of this year, I'm really looking forward to it.