thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? - Albertosaurus Rex - Dec-19-2010

College is over for the year, so I'm back to reading just one book. Since my last post I finished Hunter's Run, finished White Wolf and read a Dutch book about SF: Filosofie van de toekomst (Philosophy of the Future) by Fred Keijzer.

Now I'm going to finish Abnett's Ghostmaker.

In other news, february 2011 will see the UK reissue of a number of Guy Gavriel Kay's books. I've been wanting to read his stuff for a while now and this will be the perfect opportunity.

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Dec-21-2010

these beings are currently re-reading the homecoming series by orson scott card... its a science fiction series about humans on a human colony roughly 40,000,000 years after humanity near-destroyed earth and were banished... a global computer entity keeps humans from developing technology beyond a certain point, thus preventing humans from waging global war... These beings recommend you all to read those books...

RE: What are you reading right now? - Albertosaurus Rex - Dec-21-2010

Ah, Orson Scott Card has been on my need-to-try-his-books-one-day list since exactly forever. Is this the series starting with Ender's Game or is it something else?

Finished Ghostmaker yesterday. My goodness, how do you make war against the forces of chaos so dull? Not sure what I'm going to read now. Something short. I think I still have some short story collections lying around.

RE: What are you reading right now? - redchild - Dec-22-2010

That isn't the Ender series, but I highly recommend you pick up Ender's Game.

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Dec-22-2010

these beings suggest picking up both those series. Depending on time available, if it is less, then homecoming series should come first since that is only five books, while the ender series is (at least?) 10 books...

RE: What are you reading right now? - joost - Dec-22-2010

Just finished 'The guild', a comic based on the web-series, and written by Felicia Day (Syd Sherman/Codex). It is about the creation of the guild of the knights of good. Very nice read (and a good watch!) if you're into RPG'ing.

Next up: Spike: the devil you know, a new comic about Spike, your friendly neighbourhood vampire. The previous Spike-comics I've read (Spike omnibus, Spike vs Dracula, Spike: Asylum, Spike: Shadow puppets) were all very entertaining, so I'm looking forward to this.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Farseer - Dec-23-2010

SoLaD!!!!!!! It just got here in the mail Yay !!!!!

RE: What are you reading right now? - Albertosaurus Rex - Dec-23-2010

That's great!

I'm currently amusing myself with Pulp Idol. These were three short story contests by SFX magazine. The best stories were published in little booklets that came for free with the mag. I've got the 2007 and 2008 books. I should have 2006 lying around somewhere, but I can't find it...

RE: What are you reading right now? - Maulkin's Tangle - Dec-23-2010

I'm currently on the Dark Tower series by Steven King. Vol 6 (Song of Susannah) is the weakest so far, but still readable - have heard that the final volume is good - so here's hoping...

RE: What are you reading right now? - joost - Dec-23-2010

Well, Spike was a bit disappointing. Story was OK, but the artwork wasn't really good, I miss Franco Urru...

Next up: Dr. Horrible, and other horrible stories. A comic based on the web-movie Dr. Horrible's sing-along blog.