thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? - Albertosaurus Rex - Jan-13-2011

Yeah, that's basically true both times. White Wolf is the first one, The Swords of Night and Day is the second. I have less than a hundred pages left to go, and I'm going into some spoilery comments below.

One thing that I like about the Skilgannon books is that they tie together a lot of elements from Gemmell's previous Drenai books. You don't have to have read them to enjoy them, but it's nice to be able to spot the references.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Albertosaurus Rex - Jan-14-2011

Aaaaaand now I've finished it. Up to Busted Flush, second of the new Wild Cards books.

RE: What are you reading right now? - joost - Jan-23-2011

Finished 'Odd and the frost giants' today. Not the best Neil Gaiman book ever... and just started Planetary: Spacetime archaeology by Warren Ellis. I really like the Planetary series, which is a blend of superhero stories, monster stories and popular fiction (e.g. Jules Verne).

And now reading 'The great Fables crossover' (Fables volume 13). Fables is a comic series about fairytale and mythological personas (main characters are Snow white and her sister Rose Red, the big bad wolf (Bigby Wolf), Beauty and Beast). Very funny, and good stories.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Albertosaurus Rex - Jan-26-2011

Going to start The Third God by Ricardo Pinto now.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Farseer - Jan-26-2011

(Jan-23-2011, 07:57 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: And now reading 'The great Fables crossover' (Fables volume 13). Fables is a comic series about fairytale and mythological personas (main characters are Snow white and her sister Rose Red, the big bad wolf (Bigby Wolf), Beauty and Beast). Very funny, and good stories.

My daughter and I have been reading graphic novels based on fairytales recently so these actually sound quite interesting (for me, not so much my daughter! P). Do you buy, borrow or trade your comics, joost?

RE: What are you reading right now? - redchild - Jan-26-2011

Fables is a good series. Though I have to say I haven't continued reading them ever since James Jean stopped doing covers for them P

I am currently reading Death by Black Hole by Neil DeGrasse Tyson everyday during breakfast/lunch. Each essay is one meal long, how perfect.

RE: What are you reading right now? - joost - Jan-26-2011

(Jan-26-2011, 10:32 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Do you buy, borrow or trade your comics, joost?
Buy, usually in the TPB version.

Just finished Jack of Fables 7, which is a spin-off from Fables. Less Jack of Fables, more Jack Frost (his son together with the Snow queen) this issue, which is good because, although the stories are quite good, I never really liked Jack as a character. Now starting the complete Deathnote series (Japanese manga), I read the first issue awhile ago, but I recently purchased the complete series.

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Jan-26-2011

these beings cannot deny downloading fables, but no stores here sell it.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Albertosaurus Rex - Feb-01-2011

College has started, so I'm getting into my two-books-at-a-time routine again. Currently reading on the train: The Gates of Night by Keith Baker. A terrible writer, but it's not a very long book and I do kinda want to find out how the story ends. As bad as it is, it's still curiously readable.

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Feb-01-2011

Right now these beings are (among others) reading:
Starcraft: Dark templar saga - Shadow hunters (by Christie Golden)

fairly decent story, but not as complex as the hobb books these beings read the last week...