thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? - Albertosaurus Rex - Feb-09-2011

That'll teach you to stop indulging in piracy! Pirate :p

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Feb-09-2011

Arr, matey! Arr!

Angel

RE: What are you reading right now? - Albertosaurus Rex - Feb-09-2011

All right, allow me to share my experiences with reading that other book, The Gates of Night by Keith Baker:

IT IS ABSOLUTELY STUPID

Everything about this book is stupid. Everything about the whole trilogy is stupid. The characters are stupid. The plot is stupid. The author is stupid for writing this shoddy excuse for a story. The publisher is stupid for publishing this piece of crap. I am stupid for buying it. I am stupid for reading it.

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Feb-09-2011

subtle...

RE: What are you reading right now? - Farseer - Feb-10-2011

I am now going to HAVE to read it, you know that, don't you, AR?! Big Grin

RE: What are you reading right now? - redchild - Feb-10-2011

(Feb-09-2011, 01:15 PM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: All right, allow me to share my experiences with reading that other book, The Gates of Night by Keith Baker:

IT IS ABSOLUTELY STUPID

Everything about this book is stupid. Everything about the whole trilogy is stupid. The characters are stupid. The plot is stupid. The author is stupid for writing this shoddy excuse for a story. The publisher is stupid for publishing this piece of crap. I am stupid for buying it. I am stupid for reading it.

Ok, now tell us how you REALLY feel about it Big Grin

RE: What are you reading right now? - Albertosaurus Rex - Feb-10-2011

Redchild: I have already used the biggest font. I can't express myself any better.

Farseer: You're kidding, right? Go back to your Redwall books! :p

The main problem is that everything in the story feels so disjointed. Every book, and they are rather short, feels to need to drop in something new and weird every ten pages. The final chapters of The Shattered Land were especially bad: some characters switched sides so rapidly and so often that I had no idea what was going on. All those plot elements don't gel very well together, leaving me to wonder: how is any of this connected to anything else?

In this final book, I'm now 150 pages in and there's almost no story progression. That's nearly half the book, people!

RE: What are you reading right now? - redchild - Feb-11-2011

Currently reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde and Doubt by Jennifer Hecht. Also started listening to The Richest Man in Babylon by George Samuel Clason in audiobook format while jogging.

(Feb-10-2011, 08:44 AM (UTC))Albertosaurus Rex Wrote: Redchild: I have already used the biggest font. I can't express myself any better.

HOW ABOUT COLORS?

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Feb-11-2011

the installed BBcodes here are to few to really express things funnily... these beings use another forum with 29 active BBcodes... (no more yet because they have not seen fit to add more...

RE: What are you reading right now? - Albertosaurus Rex - Feb-11-2011

IT IS ABSOLUTELY STUPID

If only I could add some flames though...

EDIT: I finished The Third God today and I'm now starting on Again, Dangerous Visions edited by Harlan Ellison.