thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? - Nuytsia - Mar-09-2011

(Mar-03-2011, 09:37 PM (UTC))Mervi Wrote: All of these will have to wait now though because (please don't kill me for telling you this...) I received an advance reader's copy of the Inheritance today. Blushing

Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie! P

RE: What are you reading right now? - Mervi - Mar-09-2011

Yeah and I read the introductions first (there's one for each story where Robin tells how that particular tale came to be) and then started on the first one ([[A Touch of Lavender]]) but haven't had the time to even finish it what with all the real life business and then upgrading the site (the things I do for you all! Wink ) Tonight, though....Book

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Mar-10-2011

These beings have once again picked up discworld...

Now they are reading book 16, Soul music.

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Mar-16-2011

These beings have now finished that book, begun another, begun & finished a third and finished Forest mage after a long mid-book break...

RE: What are you reading right now? - Oblivia - Mar-16-2011

I'm reading The Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks. I'm in the long process of getting hold of all of the Sword of Truth books by Terry Goodkind which I hope to start reading soon.

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Mar-16-2011

Sword of truth is a good series.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Antebar - Mar-16-2011

Hi to all! Smiling
I am reading Wizard of the Pigeons: I'm very slow to read English, but I'm really enjoying it! Book

RE: What are you reading right now? - Farseer - Mar-17-2011

Hello Antebar! Slurp

Great to have you over here where I don't need Google translate to function! I think you are AMAZING for even being able to understand English at all, as well as Italian!!! Happyballoon As you read through, do you use a dictionary or other resource to help with words?

I haven't read any ML works so am really looking forward to getting stuck into all of them one day soon, and also being able to join in with discussions in the ML threads. The ML stories in 'The Inheritance' will be a great start. Yay

I am still trying to read through the Redwall books but time is preventing much progression, even though they are for younger readers!

RE: What are you reading right now? - Antebar - Mar-17-2011

(Mar-17-2011, 12:10 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I think you are AMAZING for even being able to understand English at all, as well as Italian!!! Happyballoon As you read through, do you use a dictionary or other resource to help with words?

You're too kind, Farseer! Blushing
I started reading Ship of Destiny veeeeeeeeeery slowly, with a dictionary. Soon I realized that tryng to understand the general meaning (and not any single word) was far better, so I don't use a dictionary anymore but I learn new terms page after page. Proud

(Thankfully I had a great English teacher at middle school ^^)

(Mar-17-2011, 12:10 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I haven't read any ML works so am really looking forward to getting stuck into all of them one day soon, and also being able to join in with discussions in the ML threads. The ML stories in 'The Inheritance' will be a great start. Yay

ML works are great! I have read the first two books about Ki & Vandien, Cloven Hooves and The Gypsy. I adore them!

(Mar-17-2011, 12:10 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I am still trying to read through the Redwall books but time is preventing much progression, even though they are for younger readers!

After the Cage Match ( Rant ), I'd like to read the Redwall series too! I'm really really curious about it Wink

RE: What are you reading right now? - joost - Mar-17-2011

(Mar-16-2011, 02:40 PM (UTC))Oblivia Wrote: 'Once you go bat, You never go back.'
Bat as in batcave?

Still reading Last renshai. I'm too tired to read in the evening, so I only read while travelling between home and work.

Last night I decided to read a few comics: the first two issues of Cassio (out of 4), a historical comic about a Roman who was murdered, and an archaeologist who tries to solve the murder with clues apparently left behind by Cassio after he was killed. Artwork is pretty good, but the story is a bit mediocre.

For some 'screenshots' (and a Dutch description) see http://www.stripelmagazine.be/pivot/entry.php?id=3132