thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? - Farseer - Sep-23-2011

All done. Smiling

After many years of putting it off (and many unkept promises that I've made to one of my sons that I would begin it 'soon'!), I am right now reading Eragon, the first book in the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini.

I am also going to commit time for a chapter per day to my long ignored RotE re-read...I'm currently somewhere in AQ!

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Sep-23-2011

These beings suspect that you will have a hard time keeping up with that reread of RotE when you get fully into Eragon. It is a quite compelling read. Only a short time till the final book of the inheritance cycle is released. about 45 days and 8 hours till it is released.

RE: What are you reading right now? - fool-ish - Sep-23-2011

(Sep-23-2011, 03:23 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: These beings suspect that you will have a hard time keeping up with that reread of RotE when you get fully into Eragon. It is a quite compelling read. Only a short time till the final book of the inheritance cycle is released. about 45 days and 8 hours till it is released.
Not that you're counting or anything 'thul Wink

Good to split methinks Farseer..if only to contain my rambling waffles on my favourite other-worldly creatures! Now others can choose to read or not to read.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Albertosaurus Rex - Sep-25-2011

The past couple of days I've been reading the collection Black God's Kiss by C. L. Moore. The main claim to fame of these stories is starring Jirel of Joiry, the first female fantasy protagonist. (We're talking about stories first published way back in the 1930's here.)

Next up: I think it's going to be Empire of the Sun by J. G. Ballard, and of course I'm still reading The Steel Remains on the train. It's quite good, even if it is a little foulmouthed - I think the word "fuck" is used twice per page on average.

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Sep-26-2011

These beings will now read "the land of painted caves" by Jean M. Auel, having finally gotten hold of it. It only took the author 9 years after previous book to release...

as for the counter... These beings found it online. They just skipped the part about minutes/seconds

RE: What are you reading right now? - fool-ish - Sep-26-2011

Clash Of Kings. Tis' good.

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Sep-26-2011

'course 'tis...

RE: What are you reading right now? - fool-ish - Sep-27-2011

Oops! 'Tis it is. Blushing

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Sep-28-2011

These beings finished reading "the land of Painted Caves" yesterday.

It was a most compelling read, though it did have a rather abrupt ending. Especially since there's not supposed to be another book to follow it...

Though it (obviously) is fiction, it does give a good view into what culture was (possibly) during the prehistoric times around the flip from Homo Sapiens Neanderthalis to Home Sapiens Sapiens.

These beings hope that there will be another book, despite the fact that this was meant to be the last one. And that it wont take another 9 years before it comes...

RE: What are you reading right now? - joost - Sep-28-2011

'Red star rising', a Pern book. Before that, 'Dragon's kin', and after I finish RSR, I will read another 3 or 4 Pern books.