thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? - Albertosaurus Rex - Oct-28-2011

Doctor Zhivago (Or Zjivago, as the case may be.) Not sure I like it so far. There's a bewildering amount of characters that I can't all keep straight in my head due to their unfamiliar Russian names. Only after 73 pages am I beginning to see the connections between the characters.

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Oct-29-2011

These beings finished the third book earlier today. Just as good as last time they read the series.

Rather nice take on the relations between the realms of the Fae and human world, as well as the fae themselves, wiccans and humans.

RE: What are you reading right now? - joost - Oct-30-2011

Has anyone read anything by Markus Heitz? My mom asked about him last week because she has an offer to buy several of his books for discount, but neither her nor I have ever heard of him.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Farseer - Oct-30-2011

Not me, sorry joost.

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Oct-30-2011

These beings have not done so either.

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Nov-01-2011

These beings have started reading "The hedge Knight" and will go on reading the other short stories and books in that world later.

Most excellent work, as can be expected of that author.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Albertosaurus Rex - Nov-01-2011

I have heard about Markus Heitz but I've never read his books. He's a German fantasy author whose most famous work is his Dwarves sequence.

If anyone cares, SFX magazine's review of his the first Dwarves novel was generally positive, noting that it's sometimes a little hard to take serious (Apparently some of the character names are a bit on the laughable side), not all that original but strangely readable.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Valarya - Nov-03-2011

Due to the beings' mention of The Tir Alainn trilogy, by Anne Bishop... I will be picking up the Black Jewel trilogy. I've not heard of Anne Bishop nor read any of her work, but after looking it up and reading certain amazon reviews, I figured I would give this series a try first.

It brought to mind another couple of series I've read related to strong women and magic by Juliet Marillier - specifically the Sevenwaters series and the Bridei Chronicles.

Currently I'm reading through the Hobb books, which brought me to this forum. Big Grin I just started book 7 two days ago (1st in TM trilogy).

RE: What are you reading right now? - Albertosaurus Rex - Nov-04-2011

What an excellent choice. Fool's Errand didn't make me cry (No book ever does), but it came pretty close.

I am making very slow progress with Doctor Zhivago, so I've decided to get into the two-books-at-the-same-time routine again by alternating it with Karen Miller's Hammer of God.

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Nov-04-2011

These beings are somewhat into a game of thrones, after reading the three short stories prequeling that book.