thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Dec-11-2011

Oh, it is. It is very much so.

RE: What are you reading right now? - fool-ish - Dec-12-2011

Yes, out of sheer desperation for something good to read, Fitz and friends (and foes) are out of the cupboard again! The expense of Christmas is preventing me from purchasing new reading material. Down

RE: What are you reading right now? - Farseer - Dec-12-2011

^ Why not?! Since beginning the RotE tale, I don't think I've not constantly read the books, even when I DO have new reading material! Big Grin I can just open up anywhere in any of the books and be sucked into it all as if it was my first reading...

...to justify it to my family, I tell them that I am "researching for thePlenty"! Pity I have nothing to show for it though... P

No libraries near you, fool-ish? That's where I got New Moon and Eclipse from, though will no doubt purchase them for my daughter one day, when she is of an age to read them.

That's the trouble with books though...there are just so many out there begging to be bought!

RE: What are you reading right now? - fool-ish - Dec-13-2011

We do have a library but as I'm without a car at the moment, it's none too easy to get to without paying out for bus fare, which is around the cost of a book!

I'm enjoying this third read just as much as the other two and (if you can believe it) still finding little snippets that I've missed (well, one so far) I sincerely wish I wasn't such a clod when it comes to creating spoiler tags, else I'd tell you what I've found this time! The last time I tried to follow the instructions I failed. At least I think I did? Blink

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Dec-13-2011

Code:
[spoiler]you know what[/spoiler]

copy the text from 'thul's box above, and replace you know what with your spoilin' text.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Farseer - Dec-13-2011

Let us know if you're still having troubles fool-ish. I did do up some instructional Word docs with screenshots to help with quotes and spoilers, and posted them on here...somewhere... Detective I was having the same trouble for a very long time. Slurp

hmm... would you normally call a wolfhound the size of a pony "the runt of the litter"?

Copy? You're asking a lot now, I wouldn't know where to start copying anything! I really am quite hopeless when it comes to the finer points of computer doings!

Oh and wouldn't it depend on the size of the other wolfhounds in the litter? If, say the others are the size of a camel or some such large beast?

hmm... true... perhaps the question should have been "what would you think of a wolfhound the size of a pony being called the runt of the litter?"

copy = selecting, then pressing the buttons "crtl" & "c" at the same time. (hold the first one, then press the second one.

when you've done that, you go to the post window, and right click. there should be a choice "paste" there. then you replace the text between ][ with whatever you wish spoilered.

hopefully that is detailed enough.

(with some slight changes to the forum, it would have been possible to set up a button for spoiler tags, but only Mervi can do such changes.)

Doh! I tried what you said 'thul but could still see the text in the spoiler tag. Or is that normal for the poster to see it, but others can't unless they click on the tag? Deleted the post just in case! Undecided