thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Dec-13-2011

just make an attempt here.

try posting an exact copy of this first:
Code:
[spoiler] you know what [/spoiler]
then, below that, try posting one with slightly different content.

RE: What are you reading right now? - fool-ish - Dec-13-2011

Aha!
During my last two reads of AA, this particular part held no significance for me. This time, however, I had a real 'whoa!' moment. I really am blind sometimes and I may be wrong but anyway..

RE: What are you reading right now? - fool-ish - Dec-13-2011

Did I remove a bracket?

You did not. But you might've done it earlier when it did not work. (we've done it several times ourselves on another forum over our many years there, so its nothing to be ashamed of)

RE: What are you reading right now? - fool-ish - Dec-14-2011

I didn't know how to do it at all until you put in layman's terms for me! So thank you. Though there is always the possibility that I removed a bracket whilst learning. Now I need to learn how to place the tag without having to go back to a previous post to copy it again.
And while I'm about it and just finished AA again..another nod to Nosy Slurp

RE: What are you reading right now? - Farseer - Dec-14-2011

(Dec-13-2011, 03:13 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote:

*Farseer and TM spoilers*

I know we have chatted about this elsewhere but I think I also recall a little conversation we had relating to it and other things in the Moonseye thread.

Hmm, the above wiki article really needs some work...

ps Bravo fool-ish...there's no stopping you now! Yay

RE: What are you reading right now? - Farseer - Dec-14-2011

Finished New Moon and so am now ready to commence Eclipse ... I think I need a break (!) but have to get it read by tomorrow when I will be driving the couple of hours to the library in the town where I borrowed it.

Just on your problem re getting to a library, fool-ish...it's a pity there isn't such a thing as an on-line/mail order library service out there somewhere...or is there? Our family is subscribed to an on-line/mail order DVD provider where we receive a certain number of DVDs in the mail per month...I could see how it would work well with books though postage for a book would be more expensive than a slim, light DVD, thus making the subscription fees higher... Undecided

We used to have a travelling book salesman who would regularly visit our sheep station with his truck, and I always looked forward to such times.

RE: What are you reading right now? - 'thul - Dec-14-2011

hardcover books maybe, but paperbacks are not all that heavy, and they can more easily be transported, as books are not as fragile as discs are.

The problem with book clubs and such mail-order things is that they tend to have different tastes than most people, and one tends to end up with a lot of unwanted books.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Valarya - Dec-14-2011

(Dec-14-2011, 01:35 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
(Dec-13-2011, 03:13 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote:

*Farseer and TM spoilers*

Whaaaaaaaaat!? Surrender

Can you believe that on my 3rd re-read I had completely forgotten Fitz' given birth name? So I completely MISSED this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me the book & the chapter, PLEASE! I have to go re-read. I'm crying just thinking about it! Crying