thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? - fool-ish - Dec-14-2011

Assassin's Apprentice. When Fitz is shopping for Fedwren (I think)
(Dec-14-2011, 04:21 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Finished New Moon and so am now ready to commence Eclipse ... I think I need a break (!) but have to get it read by tomorrow when I will be driving the couple of hours to the library in the town where I borrowed it.

Just on your problem re getting to a library, fool-ish...it's a pity there isn't such a thing as an on-line/mail order library service out there somewhere...or is there? Our family is subscribed to an on-line/mail order DVD provider where we receive a certain number of DVDs in the mail per month...I could see how it would work well with books though postage for a book would be more expensive than a slim, light DVD, thus making the subscription fees higher... Undecided

We used to have a travelling book salesman who would regularly visit our sheep station with his truck, and I always looked forward to such times.

Once upon a time, there were mobile libraries until the local council decided they cost too much. Most of my books are bought from Amazon at reasonable cost and in used but good condition. However, I tend to come unstuck with new hardback books that are part of a series and generally are too expensive.

Pfft! I had one of my vexing indecisive moments today while out shopping. All three books in 'The Hunger Games' series, which I believe is a decent read were on sale for £5.99. But of course I talked myself out of it and came home without them. Cross with myself now!

P.S. Farseer, How are you finding ''Twilight?' While it's not everyone's cup of tea and has had it's fair share of criticism, I don't think it's all that bad at all. If you ever feel like sharing your thoughts in the 'vamp' section, then I'll look forward to reading them.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Farseer - Dec-15-2011

^ re The Twilight series and heading to the Vampire thread...will do, just not feeling the best the last couple of days Down and thus heading back to bed now (decided to leave my jaunt to town until tomorrow or Saturday).

@ Valarya - the chapter for that revelation can be found in the Moonseye link if you haven't come across it already. Smiling

RE: What are you reading right now? - Valarya - Dec-15-2011

I checked the Moonseye link and couldn't find it. Now I can't find the Moonseye link. I'm hopeless today. :-\

I feel a bit the same P ... it's about nine pages into Chapter Six of AA, page 116 and also 117 of my UK version. Flowers Enjoy!

Oh, here's the link again to the Moonseye thread in case you'd like to add something further there...post #6 had the hint to head to Chapter Six but it would be easy to miss. Smiling

EDIT: Gah! I'm going back to bed again after making about four edits in this post already!! Surrender

Finished Eclipse some hours ago and have since begun John Flanagan's Lost Sories from the Ranger's Apprentice series. Book Will pick up Breaking Dawn when I return the others to the library...

(Dec-15-2011, 02:21 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I feel a bit the same P ... it's about nine pages into Chapter Six of AA, page 116 and also 117 of my UK version. Flowers Enjoy!

Oh, here's the link again to the Moonseye thread in case you'd like to add something further there...post #6 had the hint to head to Chapter Six but it would be easy to miss. Smiling

EDIT: Gah! I'm going back to bed again after making about four edits in this post already!! Surrender

Yeah, even reading that thread doesn't help because I don't remember a scene where anyone in Buckkeep yells "Keppet!" -- that's the major problem I'm having and why I want to read the actual chapter in which it occurs. Undecided

Thanks, though!! Slurp

RE: What are you reading right now? - fool-ish - Dec-15-2011

Here, Valarya...just for you Smiling

Oh my.. thank you fool-ish. I had no idea she was so close. That's soooo so heartbreaking! Crying

RE: What are you reading right now? - fool-ish - Dec-15-2011

I didn't realise or pay any attention to it until my third read. And like Farseer said, how different things could have been..

Sorry Valarya, I just assumed you'd have the book to reference otherwise I'd have quoted it for you earlier Grouphug - good one, fool-ish!

Would you like the confirmation from FF quoted also, Valarya? There is also another reference which I am sure is in FF also.

Given what you now know, it would be great to hear what you both think of the initial question that I asked in the Moonseye thread? And a couple of others related to all of this in the same thread? P

Finished The Lost Stories and am quite exhausted from crying. Crying I don't think I'm ready to say goodbye yet, and thus head onto Flanagan's new Brotherband series, so I may try to begin Eragon again and see how far I progress this time!