thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? - Valarya - Dec-15-2011

I remember everything Keppet-related from the last bits of the series.. I just couldn't recall that name ever popping up when Fitz was growing up in Buckkeep. Smiling

That's all cleared up, now!! I'll have to get back to that Moonseye thread shortly, for sure!

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Dec-15-2011

I'll try to remember to post my ponderings on Moonseye after I've read it again.

RE: What are you reading right now? - Farseer - Dec-16-2011

(Dec-11-2011, 09:48 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: after that I'm gonna start the Rome books by Manda Scott. I really enjoyed her Boudica series, so I'm looking forward to those books.

Can you let me know what you think of these when you're done, please, joost? Thanks heaps! Flowers

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Dec-16-2011

(Dec-01-2011, 12:39 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: Following that, I am ordering a copy of Kent Nerburn's 'Letters to My Son'. Good stuff...

I'm not really into self-help sort of books (though I'm not sure if LtMS would really fit in that category?) but I received this in the mail yesterday so spent my time reading it instead of Eragon. I had bought it with the intention of giving it to my sons but decided I should read it first.

Though it is quite a bit more wordy and kind of poetic Undecided than my sons will likely enjoy, I think, there are some gems in there, and for the most part the messages align with the kind of advice/parenting I have already imparted and undertaken. A confirmation of sorts and I will be happy to pass it on to them.

So, on to Eragon when time allows.

RE: What are you reading right now? - joost - Dec-18-2011

(Dec-16-2011, 05:30 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
(Dec-11-2011, 09:48 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: after that I'm gonna start the Rome books by Manda Scott. I really enjoyed her Boudica series, so I'm looking forward to those books.

Can you let me know what you think of these when you're done, please, joost? Thanks heaps! Flowers
I started 'The emperor's spy', because I thought the series was finished with 'The coming of the king', but I found out that there is at least one other volume coming in 2012, so I stopped reading TES, because I don't like reading series and then wait for the next volume (although there are some exceptions, like ASOIAF).

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Dec-18-2011

I think I will add them to my to-read pile, even if they aren't of ASoIaF standard! Big Grin

I also remember now Lightbulb that I have seen the covers from the Boudica series in the cover art thread...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Dec-19-2011

These beings just re-read Raymond E. Feist's "Magician". Fairly good book that one.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - Dec-19-2011

Since everyone has been talking about the Inheritance Cycle lately.. and I definitely need a refresher course before starting book 4.. I started re-reading Eragon a few days ago. It's going to be rough dealing with this first book again (for those of you who don't know, Paolini wrote this one when he was 17 and it's definitely the most brutal of the series - er, well, of the 3 I've read). Lol

After this I'll re-read the first two books in the Magister's Trilogy by CS Friedman so I can read the 3rd, as well.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Dec-20-2011

^ I finally crawled my way to page fifty then picked up Breaking Dawn instead! P Up to page one hundred and two in that and hope to get it finished today/tonight.

I will, however, return to Eragon once I'm done with BD. Of all the times I've picked it up and started it, fifty pages in is the furtherest I've reached...so I'm progressing! Wink

Oh, and I have FINALLY reached LST in my ongoing RotE re-read....but I have to go back to AQ for a short time so that I can think on some things. I get so wrapped up in the storyline that I forget I'm supposed to be looking for clues! Detective

I've read nothing of Feist's so will have to get stuck into some of those one day...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Albertosaurus Rex - Dec-27-2011

Black Man by Richard Morgan.