thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Jan-09-2012

(Jan-08-2012, 05:45 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: Must-reads by Mary Gentle, by genre:

That's a huge help, thanks joost! Slurp

I think I may have to order them through one of the libraries closer to the coast...and I think I must have more current library memberships, all in different towns spread across the state, than anyone alive! Surrender

I, too, have to get stuck into some Terry Goodkind books...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jan-09-2012

These beings will naturally encourage you to get stuck in just that.

Just remember to avoid the Norwegian translation of the first book. It is a sad thing made out of something great.

'thul finished reading that ninth "House of Night" novel, and found its end fitting. They are curious about what will happen in the next book (which is yet to be released).
The fact that these books are written with teens as target audience does not bother 'thul at all.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jan-09-2012

I've read many a 'teen' book. If a story's good, then read it is what I say.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jan-09-2012

'thul find that suspiciously similar to their opinion. Did you steal it?
P

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jan-09-2012

Blink Such accusations! Wink Really, I think we must just be of the same opinion, dear Smiling

Well, I've actually just finished reading and very much enjoyed Dragon Keeper/Haven..despite the typos and other errors, of which there were a fair few! What went wrong there, I've no idea, but in no way did it detract from another brilliant tale. As I think we've become used to, it was both uplifting and tragic and a fantastic insight into the Rain Wilds and those that inhabit them. I enjoyed every single aspect of it and wasn't disappointed in the least. Now, I know one shouldn't wish one's life away, but April (I think?) can't come quick enough!

Oh and Rapskal remains my favourite character Clapping

Off to the George RR Martin wiki now to remind myself of previous doings!

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jan-10-2012

What did you think of the non-verbal character (Tarman)?

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jan-10-2012

Tarman's good! Reminds me a little of Paragon with his mood swings and stubbornness, but a good soul underneath all that. And of course he's unique due to his 'extra bits' which I found quite amusing. Big Grin

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jan-10-2012

these beings like him because he's hardly noticeable, because his actions are small yet affect great things...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jan-10-2012

Small actions...except when he's flinging himself about!

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - Jan-10-2012

Oh yeah, Tarman. He does all kinds of cool stuff in CoD Big Grin.

(I'll behave now. Really. Well, I'll try really hard. Really. Honestly.)