thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jan-24-2012

Undecided If you say so.

If the wind changes, you'll stay looking like that you know!
My books have vanished! Blink
Found them in the attic! I really don't like going up there, the ladder worries me

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jan-24-2012

*walks off, muttering about impertinent humans*

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jan-24-2012

Sulking isn't becoming for a dragon

After braving the dodgy loft ladder, I'm on Game of Thrones, a re-read and at a much slower pace than usual, in an effort to get right down to the nitty-gritty of it all.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jan-24-2012

you're taking the opposite pace of what 'thul took, but then 'thul generally read fairly quickly no matter what book it is. (well, exempting law books, but...)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jan-25-2012

I am a quick reader as a rule. There are books that can be read quickly and one knows exactly what's happened by the time the conclusion is reached. On the other hand, the ASoIaF books are so deep in terms of the world and the characters in it, that my initial 'quick read' has left a fair few niggles and unanswered questions floating around in the ether. It's not as easy as it sounds though, this slowing down. I suppose it's akin to the way one writes..I'm a quick writer too and consequently, not very neat (my colleagues often tell me it's worse than a doctor's scrawl, though I beg to differ!)

Back to it then...slowly! Smiling

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - Jan-25-2012

(Jan-21-2012, 11:01 PM (UTC))Farseer Wrote: I loved English at school (okay...I loved all of my subjects!) and the books that are still memorable are ones such as Sun on the Stubble, The Chant of Jimmy Blacksmith and Pygmalion. Yep, that's about as far back as my memory can stretch Ouch ...other than Macbeth, which I HATED!

The most memorable book from my school days was The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I loved that one Big Grin

(Jan-24-2012, 11:50 AM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: See, I can't even remember who Lady Olenna is. A re-read is going to begin later today.

Oh man you're in for some treats then, fool-ish!! Lady Olenna Tyrell... Maergary & Ser Loras Tyrell's grandmother? She cracks me up!!

(Jan-25-2012, 01:41 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: I am a quick reader as a rule. There are books that can be read quickly and one knows exactly what's happened by the time the conclusion is reached. On the other hand, the ASoIaF books are so deep in terms of the world and the characters in it, that my initial 'quick read' has left a fair few niggles and unanswered questions floating around in the ether. It's not as easy as it sounds though, this slowing down.

I generally read fast, too... but I found with RotE and ASOIAF, the re-reads at a slower pace were much more enjoyable. Mostly because I love discussing theory on these two series, so the deeper I got in to the theory discussion, the more clues I looked for - thus slowing my re-reads down naturally.

Enjoy!! Clapping

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jan-25-2012

Aha! I know who you mean now! A classic character, raising a good few laughs amidst all the traumas! Big Grin

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jan-25-2012

Exactly. Her.
The kind that is old enough not to care one iota what others think of her words. 'thul do get the feeling that the thorns she's queen of are not on a rosebush... The feeling says more in the direction of Terry Goodkind's snakevine type of thorns... or perhaps just the highly venomous ones.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jan-30-2012

Finished my re-read of AGoT and feel I'm a little more aware of who's who and where they stand in the grand scheme of things. I must reiterate that Arya is a most excellent character, definitely one of my favourites! I also find that my fan-girl like fascination with 'The Hound' grows Blushing I was slightly worried about this, but it would seem I'm not alone Big Grin

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jan-30-2012

He is, after a fashion, quite honorable, so 'thul can understand it.