thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - May-07-2012

reading a few books currently...
"Devil's due" by Christie Golden (Starcraft novel)
"wolfsangel" by M.D.Lachlan
"Domes of Fire" by David Eddings

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - May-07-2012

Fool's Fate, eventually, after rudely interrupting my TM reading pleasure with CoD. Some interruptions just have to be made, rude or not! P

Oh and I picked up Shaman's Crossing in a fabulous little bookshop while on my jollies Smiling

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - May-07-2012

(May-07-2012, 03:26 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Oh and I picked up Shaman's Crossing in a fabulous little bookshop while on my jollies Smiling

Have you not read the Soldier's Son trilogy before, fool-ish? Surrender

I'm currently on the 2nd Mistborn book by Brandon Sanderson. It's taking me some time getting in to it.

I really like the magic in this series, as I've said before, and I liked the plot of the first book, but the pace was just too fast for me. And now that the 'big event' happened at the end of the first book, the 2nd is mainly political intrigue and how to stabilize that which was taken. Completely opposite from the first book, this one is too slow... Sleeping

I don't quit once I'm this far in, though.. so I'll keep plodding along. I've heard (from good friends) that the last half of the 3rd book is quite good and the characters go to places I never would have guessed. That gives me a bit of hope for the ending, yet. P

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - May-07-2012

(May-07-2012, 03:37 PM (UTC))Valarya Wrote:
(May-07-2012, 03:26 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: Oh and I picked up Shaman's Crossing in a fabulous little bookshop while on my jollies Smiling

Have you not read the Soldier's Son trilogy before, fool-ish? Surrender

I'm currently on the 2nd Mistborn book by Brandon Sanderson. It's taking me some time getting in to it.

I really like the magic in this series, as I've said before, and I liked the plot of the first book, but the pace was just too fast for me. And now that the 'big event' happened at the end of the first book, the 2nd is mainly political intrigue and how to stabilize that which was taken. Completely opposite from the first book, this one is too slow... Sleeping

I don't quit once I'm this far in, though.. so I'll keep plodding along. I've heard (from good friends) that the last half of the 3rd book is quite good and the characters go to places I never would have guessed. That gives me a bit of hope for the ending, yet. P
No, Valarya, I'm ashamed to say I haven't Blushing and I don't really know why, other than it being spoken of in a not so positive manner and that it can be a little 'depressing' for want of a better word. However, it's written by RH and so it's inevitable that I'd read it regardless and it has been on my wish list for some time. Surrender

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - May-07-2012

(May-07-2012, 08:24 PM (UTC))fool-ish Wrote: No, Valarya, I'm ashamed to say I haven't Blushing and I don't really know why, other than it being spoken of in a not so positive manner and that it can be a little 'depressing' for want of a better word. However, it's written by RH and so it's inevitable that I'd read it regardless and it has been on my wish list for some time. Surrender

Ahh, I hope you enjoy it! I most certainly did. Big Grin The magic-system in this trilogy hits really close to home for me and I love it. (The specks.)

I'll be sure to let you know Big Grin

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - May-07-2012

Oh, and be sure to head to the Gernia room, especially the Gernia vs RotE thread, when you're done with the entire Soldier Son series. Clapping Dance

I am hoping to return to Gernia sometime before the year's end...once I'm done with my RotE re-read. Book

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - May-08-2012

Still 'The great dune trilogy', finally finished Dune this weekend, and started Dune Messiah on sunday.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - May-08-2012

(May-08-2012, 07:38 AM (UTC))joost Wrote: Still 'The great dune trilogy', finally finished Dune this weekend, and started Dune Messiah on sunday.

Ahhhh. Happyballoon I need to visit the world of Dune again soon.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - KekPafrany - May-15-2012

I am reading and listening to The small gods by Terry Pratchett Smiling