thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jun-26-2012

(Jun-26-2012, 03:45 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: But without Dany no Missandei.

Oh, and if the list does NOT include Sansa I'll block her too P
Aye, there is that I suppose. Sansa grew on me in later books.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Jun-27-2012

(Jun-26-2012, 03:13 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: If Arya, Dany or Tyrion are in that list, I'll permanently block Farseer P

I can't say anything then, on the grounds that our friendship may suddenly cease, as one of those three was most certainly on my mind when I made my post! Big Grin Wink

Things have changed a great deal since I said 'four' though, and now that one has redeemed themselves to the point that they have even become a favourite. P I'm off to the ASoIaF thread to share anything further, lest I offer up spoilers here...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - Jun-27-2012

(Jun-27-2012, 03:04 AM (UTC))Farseer Wrote:
(Jun-26-2012, 03:13 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: If Arya, Dany or Tyrion are in that list, I'll permanently block Farseer P
I can't say anything then, on the grounds that our friendship may suddenly cease, as one of those three was most certainly on my mind when I made my post! Big Grin Wink
I might forgive you if Dany or Tyrion are on that list, but Arya would be really unforgivable. Choosing Sansa over Arya would be like preferring Regal over Verity.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jun-27-2012

or choosing boiled hay over a three-course gourmet dinner?

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - Jun-27-2012

(Jun-27-2012, 07:01 AM (UTC))joost Wrote: Choosing Sansa over Arya would be like preferring Regal over Verity.

Hahahaha! Clapping

This.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Narya - Jun-29-2012

(Jun-27-2012, 07:01 AM (UTC))joost Wrote: I might forgive you if Dany or Tyrion are on that list, but Arya would be really unforgivable. Choosing Sansa over Arya would be like preferring Regal over Verity.

Sure I'd choose Verity over Regal as a likeable fellow, but Regal is needed as a character to bounce off of. If you kill off all the bad characters, where is your strife?

That said, I still haven't forgiven GRRM for killing off
(Don't look unless you've finished the first book).

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jun-29-2012

Hmm, yeah. I can safely say I was appalled with that particular loss, Narya. Though that wasn't when I had to stop reading for a time. No, that moment came somewhat later on. After picking my chin up off the floor, I cracked on with it, as one must! P

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - Jun-29-2012

Well, I restarted the book of all books: Lord of the rings. Been ages since I read that one, I used to read it once every year....

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jun-29-2012

(Jun-29-2012, 08:43 PM (UTC))joost Wrote: Well, I restarted the book of all books: Lord of the rings. Been ages since I read that one, I used to read it once every year....

For shame, I've not read Lord of the Rings Blink It's on my list of things to do...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Narya - Jun-29-2012

Joost, I used to read LOTR frequently, before the genre it started was filled with so many other wonderful books. In fact, it was the only fictional series I ever re-read numerous times, until I found Hobb's books. Both are very good for escaping reality, and for musing over The Meaning of Life. The trilogy, and the Silmarillion, present a whole philosophy/religion/world view that can induce hours of musing. In fact, I'm on three other message boards started by Tolkienites.