thePlenty.net Forums
What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Printable Version

+- thePlenty.net Forums (https://theplenty.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Off-topic (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Other universes (https://theplenty.net/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) (/thread-12.html)

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Jun-30-2012

(Jun-29-2012, 05:59 AM (UTC))Narya Wrote: That said, I still haven't forgiven GRRM for killing off
(Don't look unless you've finished the first book).

Too late. I have been away from home but came onto thePlenty very briefly as a guest in a motel room last night and read it! Ouch Thanks for coming back and adding the spoiler tags though Slurp ...I couldn't log in last night to ask/add. Smiling

Still, the info in the spoiler was to be expected. I don't know when it's coming but I expected that it might happen sometime or other... Down

I've read Lord of the Rings but it's a series I am yet to buy. Thankfully I think one of my sons is going to remedy that for me this weekend while away nearer the coast. Clapping I also have the Rothfuss books to get too. I am looking forward to those as well, fool-ish!

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jun-30-2012

Well, even though you now know about the killing off of you know who, you've still to read about the nature of it, so it's not all bad Smiling

Oh by the way, has anyone read anything by Tanith Lee? One of her books was mentioned on another forum and appeared to be right up my street.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - joost - Jun-30-2012

Only Tanith Lee story I've read is Above/below water from the Love&death anthology. It wasn't bad but I didn't feel a 'I have to read more from her' thing. But I think my brother has read some of her books and was positive about them.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jun-30-2012

Cheers joost Smiling I'll give one a go some time

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Farseer - Jul-02-2012

Trying to avoid the ASoIaF thread a little so will place this here. Finished A Game of Thrones last night so am now a couple of chapters into A Clash of Kings. I'm guessing... *ASoIaF and RotE spoilers*

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - Valarya - Jul-02-2012

Lol different things for different people. I like Malta more than I ever liked Sansa. P

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jul-02-2012

The first parts of Malta could be very annoying. later she becomes better.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jul-02-2012

Though Malta also grew on me, it took some time for her to mature. Sansa, on the other hand realised quite rapidly that life is not a song.

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - 'thul - Jul-03-2012

Sansa did not have quite as much choice in the matter...

RE: What are you reading right now? (possible RotE spoilers) - fool-ish - Jul-03-2012

(Jul-03-2012, 02:20 PM (UTC))thul Wrote: Sansa did not have quite as much choice in the matter...
Granted, but Malta had her fair share of traumas too. To my mind, she still remained that spoiled brat until quite late on in SoD. She grew on me slowly, Sansa, on the other hand went up in my estimation quite quickly.

For all my rambling on about this, it seems quite odd to be comparing the two. Their stories aren't comparable, really.

The Wise Man's Fear YayBook

Not sure which version I've bought, but there are lots of U's missing! BlinkWink